Chapter 1: Messages

Hi my name is Ryan Im 16, in three months I'll be 17, how ever I wont make it to my birthday.
... It all started three months ago July 16th. It was a normal day well as normal as it could be. I woke at 5:45 on a Monday morning after a restless night, I was stressing over the regents I started them that monday. When i got up that morning I remember getting a text from my best friend he's great hes gay 6"2 black hair green eyes and is very fit. He is the star quarterback  at our highschool. His name is Luke Foster. He sent a text saying "Hey best friend what are you doing " I replied with " Nothing getting ready for hell what about u" he read it and started typing and then stopped which was weird because he always answered like no matter what I loved that about him but I didn't think much of it. I got out of bed and put on a light gray shirt and dark gray sweatpants. I dragged myself down stairs to the kitchen and made myself some fruit loops my favorite cereal I turn on Netflix and watched  my favorite show. As i do every morning I grab pink and purple socks and put on my converse. Before I left like every morning I went to tell my dad I loved him but he was nowhere to be found "I guess he's still at work. "I thought to my self so I grabbed my keys and walked out to my car. I left to go to school I got to school at 8:00 I was late the regents had already started I sat down and started to work, at 1:00 it was over we went to lunch . On the way to lunch I couldn't find Luke anywhere . I thought it was weird because he never misses school. He's a nerd like that. Now I was starting to worry about him. I got a Amber alert but I didn't really look at it because it makes me sad. who the hell in their right mind would take a kid! I thought. I was listening to the radio on the way home. And they said a kid...

went missing his name was Luke Foster "WHAT LUKE WAS MISSING!!!!!!". I pulled into my driveway as tears started rolling down my face. I got out of my car leaving my bag in the back of my car as I ran inside throwing my key on the table and running  up to my room swinging my door open and slamming it shut before throwing myself on my bed and crying till my dad got home at 10:45. which was way later then normal he normally got home at 5:00.as my dad opened the door I ran up to him crying and hugged him. He hugged back looking down at me and said "What's wrong baby." And i told him everything "Luke went missing he sent me a message this morning and then didn't reply and he wasn't at school." Dad had this  look of worry and confusion and FEAR. I asked "Are you ok." There was a long pause as he replied in a Shakey tone. "Yeah sweetie Im fine." As I looked at my dad I knew something was up as he was sweating skedish and a bit paranoid. I was going to keep my eye on him. I had it all planned out. "I would wake up at five in the morning and follow my dad to work" I thought to myself. My dad asked if I wanted our favorite Chinese place down the road from our house. I said yes so he ordered our usual. We ate our food but my dad would barely look at me.which was just as weird because  we normally eat and talked about our day to each other. I was still watching my dad. After we finished eating and cleaning up the table. I watched my dad go upstairs before I quickly did the same. As I layed in my bed my phone dinged. I grabbed my phone unlocking it. It said I had a message... A message from Luke. The message read "help." I was so shocked and worried I texted back quick "Luke where are you!" He responded with "they want us" and followed up with "they need us." I texted back "who needs us? What do they need us for?" He then texted back in all caps and in two different messages "LOOK, OUTSIDE!" I tried to text him again but it almost was like his phone number never existed. I thought it was strange. I slowly got out of my bed and made my way to my window. As I peaked out my window to find a tall slender black shadow figure standing across the street under a street light. It was just staring at me it kinda looked like Luke. I threw open my window screaming "Luke is that you." It was not, what ever the creature was it looked straight up at me. It had no face just one deranged eye staring at me. I was terrified yet I couldn't move or look away. I tried screaming but nothing came out. It started to creep it's way across the street and closer to me. I couldn't do anything but watch it as it moved towards the house. It crossed the street and stepped into the yard as soon as it touched the grass my dad burst through my door and what ever happened to me had stopped. I turned and looked at my dad confused. I didn't even remember what happened. I turned and looked out my window to see nothing it was gone but it's not like I remember seeing it anyway. When I looked back at my dad he was sweating, out of breath and a look of terror crawled around his face. I asked him "what's wrong dad?" " what happened?" I continued "nothing sweet heart everything is fine." My dad told me I didn't believe him and still planned on following him in the morning. My dad went back to his room more panicked than I have ever seen him before. As I walked up to my door and watched my dad walk down the hallway I realized he was all wet and muddy. Till I heard him start sobbing, I wanted to ask him what was wrong but I guess I'll find out in the morning...
I woke up to my alarm at 5:00 am I rushed to get dressed. I could hear my dad opening his door and start walking to my room, I hurried back to my bed and threw the covers over me and pretended to be asleep before my dad walked in the room. He slowly opened my door and walked over to my bed, he leaned down and kissed my forehead before leaving and closing my bedroom door. I sprung out of my bed and opened my window as I crawled out my window and down the rain gutter. I heard my dad open the front door so I quickly dropped onto the grounded hitting the ground with a big thud. My dad heard and turned his head to see what the sound was I quickly and quietly dove into the bushes next to the house, hopeing he did see me. He walked over to his car and got into it starting it and driving off. I creeped my way to my car, as I got in my car and started it I texted my friend Sarah and asked her to cover for me at school. She responded with "yea is everything ok" I replied "I don't know yet I'll let you know when I find out." I started backing out of the driveway and as I did I looked up at my rear view mirror to see a picture of me and Luke and the fair we went to a couple of months before. I started to tear up before stopping myself and started to follow my dad. I followed him to work, I watched him pull up to work, so I pulled up to his work and parked in the back. I started to think that it was just a normal day he went into work. I was about to give up and go to school but something told me to stay the day so I did. At 5:00 he left work and got into his car. He didn't start it right away he sat in his car for over and hour before starting it and leaving. O waited till he left the parking lot before starting my car and following him. I kept a good distance to make sure he didn't notice me or my car. I followed him another 3 miles in the opposite direction of our house. Before he made a sharp right turn onto a dirt road down a deep, dark forest. I kept following  him I didn't want him to see me so I turned off my lights driving slow as to not wreck my car on this dangerous road. He continued for another 2 miles into the woods. That's when my phone dinged again. I looked down to see it was from Luke. I opened it to a message that read "yes keep going." I was scared and so confused I didn't even say anything. *Ding* another message this time it read " follow." Then another saying the same thing as before "they want us. They need us." I started to text back " who needs us and what for ." Before I could send it I looked us and noticed there was a thick fog that came out of nowhere. I slowed my car to a stop. I was really creeped out . I looked and my phone to see all the messages were gone. I quickly turned my car around and speeded home not looking back I got home at 8:00 I ran straight inside locking all the doors and windows. I was terrified I didn't know what was happening. I swore not to return to that forest not aware it was following me, as I was laying on my bed going through pictures when I started to hear clicking and groans and scratching. I put my phone down and slowly walked to my window. I creaked the curtains and peaked out to see nothing there was nothing there or at least I couldn't see it but I could still hear it's moans and groans coming from outside I quickly run to my bed hiding under the blanket like a baby. That was until I was laying there and I could hearing it breathing it sounded like it was right next to me. I threw the blanket off of me but there was nothing, not a soul. After that it just all stopped I couldn't hear anything but I knew something was there I could feel it.