Keep My Distance

Author's Notes:
I don't really like One Direction but my inspiration came from a friend who does-Ziamstrash

Words: 47k+

Working in a bakery with my mother wasn't my ideal position in life at the moment, but I'd rather spend time with her than in some boring, stupid UNI. Even if it means getting hit on by obnoxious girls continuously when I'm obviously not interested. It was a rainy Tuesday morning and even though most of my customers ended up drenched, I couldn't help but laugh. Until Taylor decided to pay a visit.

"Hi Harry!" she exclaimed with her overly happy personality. "Lovely day isn't it?"

Taylor was one of those people who just couldn't take no for an answer. She comes in every week just to order something and attempt to flirt with me. The first day it was cute. The next week, strange. On the third month, though, when it was hot rather than wet, she came in with a short tank and shorts. She bent over because she 'dropped' her purse and scooted back until she was rubbing against my thigh. Being beyond pissed (and a bit confused) I had every right to push her out of my bubble, but, knowing Taylor, that wouldn't help at all. So I stood there and took it and once she was gone I went to the bathroom to let out a very irritated and frustrated groan.

"Lovely." I said, resuming the present, with as little emotion as possible, and handed her usual iced latte and oatmeal cookie. Thankfully she didn't put up a fight trying to force me on her.

I didn't have anything against her I just wasn't into her... gender. I was always confused but me being me, I always had barriers and never told anyone. The only one I told was my roommate and sometimes I worry if I'd told the right person. I was always unsure of myself until I was 15 and I walked into the locker room as several of the soccer players were getting dressed. I still remember it. That day I declared myself gay.

"Harry!" mum called snapping me out of my memories. "Oh there you are, love, when you leave today could you take these muffins with you? Take them home, feed them to the dog, give them away; I don't care. I just need more inventory space."

"Actually I could take them home now. Me and Zayn were going to do an all-nighter and I was hoping to get off little early today if you don't mind." She accepted my offer and gave me the box of muffins I have yet to devour.

Just as I was about to put my apron up a ringing of the doorbell clung to my ears. I turned to see the last customer of my day only to be met by a man drenched in rain. The way is white shirt hung onto his skin and his skinny jeans were dripping with water caught my attention right away. He had several tattoos on his arm that probably had more meaning to them than my random little doodles. I rushed over to ask if he needed anything without gawking at how attractive he was.

His sandy brown, but wet hair hung over his forehead and his blue eyes changed a different shade of cyan when his pupils met mine.

"Uh... oh n-no I'm good," he said smoothing his hair back and shifting his gaze towards something behind me. "I could use a phone though seeing as how mine isn't water resistant." He chuckled. I pulled out my phone to unlock and hand over as I put my apron up waiting for Zayn to pick me up. Something else peaked my interest though.

"Niall, what the hell is-... Well you could've told me... Fine I'm sorry. Now will you please pick me up? I'm soaked... Are you serious!?" he rambled. It seemed like he was having trouble. No doubt if Zayn doesn't get here soon enough ill have to take matters into my own hands. "Then when should you be back?" he continued before leaning his had all the way back and giving a quick goodbye.