Her Savior

She missed him, her lover. The one who was now gone forever. A sadness constantly draining her. She longed for him to return to her but he could never get get away. She stared into the darkness that surrounded her. She felt it choking her happiness away. She is slowly falling down and submitting to her dark desires. She eyes the blade in her hand and wants what it alone can give her. She stares at the wounds on her wrists, watching the blood drip from them. She takes the knife and stabs it down on her dresser. She looks down to see the blade impailing the cover of a book.
"Cinderella, damn happily ever afters are overrated. I hurt for anyone who's ever fallen vitcum of such disgusting lies," she mutters as she brings the knife up to her chest. She puts pressure and stares into the pitch blackness. "For nineteen years I have searched for the meaning of life, yet the answer can never be discovered as I have learned through the years."
  The knife began to pierce her skin when a voice cries out through the darkness.
"No, don't do that!" The girl ignores the voice and then a hand rips the dagger away from me and throws it to the ground. "Please, don't leave. Stay with me."
She feels a kiss on her forehead and feels a spark of forgotten happiness. The sun breaks through the darkness and there stands he, her lover. Her happiness returned and they had a renewed passion. Perhaps her sadness had blinded her from the happiness that had been right in front of her waiting to be grasped. Maybe their truly was such a thing as happily ever afters, after all.