Baking

Please listen to music video!!!

Summary of chapter: Hermione and Draco are baking cookies for professor appreciation day at Hogwarts. Seeing as they're professors there now 5 years after the war, they deserve a little  something . 

Category: Fluff

Hermione
           I look through the ratty old baking for dummies book that my mother used to own. I only ever pull this out in desperate measures. And this time it's because Draco doesn't know how to fucking bake. Or cook. Or do any kind of labor at all. I flip through the pages to find a decent cupcake recipe. Aha! I Found one. Especially one that Draco, my boyfriend of 2 years,  will love. I think to myself.

Zuccotto cupcakes.
The whipped cream-and raspberry filled cupcakes are coated with two different kinds of frosting. A dark chocolate ganache and a white chocolate-cream cheese icing. They're inspired by the classic dome-shaped Italian desert.

"Mm," I moan.

"Hey! Only I can make that sound come out of your mouth!" Draco says, coming into our shared space in Hogwarts.

I giggle and blush furiously. "Hey baby. I found a recipe for us to make," I say, placing my hands on his shoulder and kissing his lips.

      I lean into the kiss. I like the feeling of his cold and soft lips pressed against my warm and chapped ones. Draco's lips are like an addiction to me. He slithers his tongue inside my mouth, mating with mine. I moan again. I pull back and point to the recipe again.

"These are for tomorrow. We have a lot of work to do. And a lot of groceries you need to get." I tell Draco.

Draco's eyes widen. "Me? Grocery shopping?" He asks me.

"Yes you." I reply. "Go help make some cupcakes." I order him around.

"I'm getting bossed around by Hermione Granger. And I kinda like it," Draco rubs his chin thoughtfully."Alright. I will go to your so called "Grocery Shopping".

"Thank you. I need
Eggs
Milk
Flour
Sugar
Food coloring
Cream cheese
Raspberries
And some baking soda." I tell Draco the list.

"That's a lot. Are you sure that's going to fit our budget?" Draco asks me.

"Sure it will," I respond.

"Alright. $200 is our grocery limit....hopefully we'll have enough for the rest of the week. So I'll see you in a little bit." Draco says before kissing my forehead and apparating out.

As Draco did the shopping, I continued to grab bowls and heat the oven up. As I was just about to grab a bowl from the top shelf, a crack of apparition was heard from the living room. I jump, catching the bowl last minute. Draco chuckles behind me and kisses the back of my neck, making me bite my lip. He pulls away with a small smirk.

"See? I can scare you." Draco whispers against my neck.

"That's unfair. You apparated. You knew it would scare me. Doesn't count," I counter.

       You see, Draco and I have a thing. I'm not scareable, so Draco takes it to himself to try and scare the bejeezus out of me. And it hasn't worked so far because non of it had counted. Apparating when I least expect it, yelling in my ear how much he loves me, and most of all, pretending to have a serious medical problem. I glare heatedly at Draco's faltering smiling  face.

"It doesn't count? Still?" Draco asks me.

"No. Try thinking of something clever." I respond, walking away with the sway of my hips.

"Fine. Let's bake the stupid cupcakes." Draco huffs.

I smile slightly, my white yet bigger-than-normal teeth showing. I grab everything I need and begin to bake. I boss Draco around because he has no clue what he's doing. He seems to enjoy me telling him what to do though. I follow the directions in the book, making more than 3 dozen cupcakes and icing. Hopefully everyone will love them. If I have any left, I'll give them to the kids in my first period class (Transfiguration). Once I'm done, I find more things I want to do with Draco than baking.

"Draco?" I asks seductively.

"Yeah?" He asks me obliviously.

"Let's make-out." I say, leaning my back against the counter.

"Oh?" He asks me surprisingly ready to do what I want for once.

"Yes." I reply.

"Okay."

Draco comes near me with every step he takes. He takes them slowly, deliberately, a smirk plastered on his face. He wraps his arms around my tiny waist, leaning in and brushing his nose with mine.

"We can't. I have to go and grade some papers." He teasingly kisses my nose. "And I know you do too."

I sigh. This is going to be a long night. I think to myself. "Okay. But I expect you in bed with whipped cream and melted fudge." I wink in his direction.

He grunts. "You bet I damn will!" He replies.

I make my move towards my office, locking the door behind me and pulling out 2,565 pieces of parchment. Three feet long parchment. I take out my wand and begin to grade all of the papers magically. I lean back in my chair and and let the magic do it's work. It takes six complete hours to grade all of those papers. And it's finally striking 3:00 am. I yawn, exhausted. And I'll have to get up in 5 hours. If I want to make it to breakfast.

I make my way back to Draco's and I'd shared living space. I walk in and see Draco passed out on the couch. I snort quietly. He's going to have a sore neck in the morning. I walk into the bathroom and change into a pretty baby blue nightgown.

I comb out my tangled hair that was left in a tight French braid all day long, and crawl into bed, snuggling into my pillow and thinking about the day ahead

I comb out my tangled hair that was left in a tight French braid all day long, and crawl into bed, snuggling into my pillow and thinking about the day ahead. What if they don't like the cupcakes? Or if one of them is allergic to raspberries? Surely they'll tell me ahead of time. I think to myself. I soon fall asleep, thinking again how sore Draco's neck is going to be hanging off the couch like that.