[1] Travel

I love this concept so so much and I really wanted to write a klance fanfic sooooo, here you go. also I'm literally in love with Lance so this story is going to mainly focus on him out of the other characters. 

WARNING: may contain spoilers, you have been warned.

tw: none
Lance's POV
__________

Above the surface was the most marvelous thing. The sun beaming down, hitting your skin in all the right ways, the feel of gentle waves rubbing against your delicate body, the sounds of birds flying above the water in hopes of catching a meal. It was all so incredibly wonderful. Something just as fascinating is the deep ocean though. Merpeople are not allowed to go down into the deep ocean, it is forbidden. But it still doesn't stop the curious. I am the curious. Prince of Altea, Lance McClain, a rebel, trouble making, rule breaking thief? No. I prefer to be called a curious, devilishly handsome, collector. I go beyond what merpeople are used to, trying to discover the unknown and unfold the truth behind the mysteries of that our species does not know. Of course, all in good fun as well.

Today is a special day. Today my buddy, Hunk, and I are going to the deep ocean. A while ago we stumbled upon a cave but we couldn't explore because it was getting too close to dinner time already. So we decided to come back another time. I knew something  lived in that cave. It wasn't just an old, empty cave, and trust me when I say I have seen plenty of those in my days. No, there was something in it. I could sense it, feel it crawling all over my skin. It kept me up at night wondering what may be lurking in there.

"Hey Lance, are you sure we should be doing this? I mean, what if something bad is down there. Something that could hurt us or kill us. Or worse....eat us." I saw Hunk visibly shiver. I knew he was nervous, he always is, but that's just his character. We balance each other out nicely. Always have. Hunk is the son of the palace's chef. We had clicked as soon as we were introduced. I had always been jealous of Hunk. He adorns a beautiful set of scales, a radiant yellow just like the sun, with some orange reflections to it. It compliments his darker complexion beautifully, and sets him apart from other merpeople since yellow isn't a typical color of scale at all. I have a boring blue color, most merpeople have it. Although my mother and sisters always tell me that my blue color is one unlike any others, having a purple undertone and greenish reflection to it. I still do not believe it is all the beautiful and unique, but it is still apart of me.

"Hunk. Buddy. We're going to be just fine. That's exactly the reason of why we packed so many tools and weapons, in case something did happen. And if something does happen to eat us, you better hope we taste good." I added with a playful grin and wink. He glared at me, obviously not enthused with my add of humor. Even so, I could still see him visibly relax at my comforting words, his quivering seeming to have stopped.

"LANCE? HUNK?" We hear a familiar voice call out. We turn around only to see a pair of mermaids swimming excitingly fast towards us. One with beautiful green scales, reflecting a yellow tone. She wore a strapless breast plate covered in markings and old knick-knacks. Behind her swam a larger, more muscular mermaid with maroon scales. They were dark and mysterious, but looked absolutely beautiful. Those scales could only be found in the Eastern seas. She also wore a breast plate, not strapless, that looked almost rock-like.

"Pidge? Shay? What are you guys doing here?" I spoke at the two.

"We saw you leaving the palace, heading south. We weren't the only ones to see you. Your sister, Rosalin, did as well. Lucky for you though, we covered for you. And then followed you. So you stay out of trouble and don't almost get killed...again." Pidge said.

"Hey! That was one time, and it was Hunk's fault. He screamed at the thing."

"Dude!! You know I was scared and my reflexes tell me to scream. Unfair." Hunk pouted next to me.