16.

16.

As soon as the food was done on the barbecue, I followed Emily over to where the rest of the group was sitting. I cuddled in to the open side Nick had given me, his arms wrapped tightly around my body as soon as I got close.

Nick continued to talk to Xavier even though his eyes flicked down to my awaiting body. He held a beer in one of his tattooed hands and he was a hard slab of muscle beneath my finger tips.

When Xavier left Nick to help Emily with the food, Nick turned to me.

"Alright, baby?" He asked, his bright eyes focused on me. I nodded.

"I love your family." I said with a smile. "They're very welcoming."

"Of course they are, I've never brought a girl back to meet the family." He smiled my way, blowing me backwards at the sight of it. It had the ability to make any woman a panty dropper for him.

When did I ever get so lucky?

"Then I must be special." I replied back, humour dripping from my voice.

"You have no fucking idea." Nick muttered. He then turned from my body as he smelt the food coming our way. Nick took two burgers off of the tray and gave one to me with a small smile. I took it off of him gratefully.

With a burger in one hand and a beer in the other, he looked so appetising it hurt. I took his form in, drinking him in like a dog on heat. I tingled.

"Stop." I heard Nick's strangled voice come out from beside me. My eyes latched on to his in surprise. "Stop looking at me like that when we're in public. You don't want to be bent over the table in front of my family, do you?"

"I wouldn't mind being bent over." I shrugged as I smirked. He shook his head with exasperation before  eating the remaining part of his burger. He then laid down his bottle on the table before grabbing my burger and putting it beside the half empty bottle.

Nick proceeded to grab my wrist before pulling me indoors. We met Emily on the way.

"Where are you taking her?" Emily asked Nick. Nick didn't stop in his tracks and Emily had a large smirk on her face, as if she knew exactly what was happening.

I didn't blush, I didn't need to. If Xavier was anything like Nick, she would have understood.

"We won't be long." Nick let out as he took me through the renaming parts of the house. However, just as we got to the front door, it opened. A man I had never met before entered the house which caused Nick to stop dead in his tracks.

As soon as the two men caught sight of each other, they both bristled with tension. Nick stood before me, his body stiff and unforgiving. I looked between the two men, really not sure what was happening.

The man before me was tattooed and had a ruffled dirty blond hairstyle. He was handsome, in his very own way. He didn't top Nick, I didn't think anyone would.

His eyes suddenly flickered down to mine, he smirked. Nick moved to the side to cover my body as he continued to stare the man down. It was clear to see these two men hated each other with a passion, what for? I didn't know.

Nick took hold of my hand behind him. I squeezed him tight.

"We've got places to be." Nick stated, his voice deep and menacing.