Chapter 1: Summon the Guardian

"Secure the gates! No one gets in or out!"

"Yes sir!"

The shinobi of Konoha were caught unaware, the betrayal of the Hidden Sound and Sand during the chunin exams could not have come at a worse time, with two villages combining strength to attack from within the village walls, the forces of Konoha found themselves hard pressed to assemble an effective counter-attack.

No one, however, was caught more unaware than the villages leader, Hiruzen Sarutobi, Sandaime Hokage of Konoha.

"Your insanity knows no bounds Orochimaru!" He bellowed across the rooftop he found himself trapped upon with his wayward student, a chakra barrier of some sort had been sprung up around them, preventing escape or rescue.

"Kukuku, only those blind to progress would call my brilliance, insanity, Sarutobi-sensei"

Orochimaru licked his lips in sadistic pleasure, his sensei had grown old and had weakened with time whereas he had only flourished, growing stronger over the years with every new jutsu he discovered.

Hiruzen recoiled slightly in disgust, what had happened to his student? What could he have done to prevent the monster that now wore his students face?

"I will not let you destroy this village my old student, I will protect them no matter what"

Orochimaru roled his eyes heavenward at his sensei's useless determination, some people just didn't know when to quit.

"Its useless sensei, even if you defeat me, my forces will have already destroyed your village and my revenge will have been completed, face it, without help you can't do anything"

Hiruzen's determination seemed to wilt slightly when he heard this, how could he defeat this monster and protect the village? Subconsciously his hand came to rest upon a familiar golden necklace that hung loosely around his neck, a swirling whirlpool the same as the one that decorated the shoulders of his shinobi's flak jackets.

That's when it came to him, if he couldn't do it alone, then why not call for someone he knew that could help.
Looking up into the disturbing visage of his pupil, Hiruzen let a confident smirk grace his lips, this was sure to piss the snake charmer off for sure.

"That's where your wrong my misguided pupil, for no matter where I am, the will of fire provides!"

Ripping the pendent from his neck Hiruzen peformed a set of lightening quick seals before slamming it into the tiled rooftop at his feet.

"Guardians of the black forest!"

Orochimaru attempted to interfere by thrusting a sleeve full of snakes towards his sensei, not wanting to risk his victory on the last ditch effort of a desperate old man.

A cloud of black smoke enveloped the rooftop obscuring his view of the Hokage. He couldn't tell if his snakes had hit the old man but when he tried to pull them back he found them unresponsive and as tight as stretched rope.

When the smoke eventually cleared, Orochimaru stood wide eyed as a figure of black chainmail armour, shapped to resemble a fox, stood holding the snakes in one clawed, gauntlet hand. The figure stood at a height of 5'10", just as tall as himself and stood from head to toe in a black armour not found amongst shinobi. A black helmet shaped like a foxes head covered their face and various bits of thick chainmail and armor plating covered the rest of their body. Three blades as dark as night protruded from each gauntlet hand and no other visible weapon was present.

What caught his attention the most however was the three black tails that swished calmly from side to side behind them and more so was the deep, blood red eyes that stared back from beneath the helmet.