Chapter One

Emma lay sound asleep in her bed, having the most wonderful dream, when...  BEEP BEEP BEEP! She hit the off button on her alarm and rolled off her bed, blankets and all, drifting back asleep.
     She was already back asleep and into her dream, when she awoke, being drenched in freezing cold water. Her older sister, Jessica, standing in the doorway with an empty bucket.
     "Mom?! Dad?!" screamed Emma. "They're at work, that means I'm in charge until they get back. Now, get ready!" Jessica was off to wake Tyler and Mark, Emma's older twin brothers.

     Quick family explanation: Jessica is sixteen and the oldest of the four siblings. She is your usual bossy-diva-boyband crazy teenager. Next comes Mark, the second oldest. He is always nerdy and matter-of-factly. Tyler is the third oldest. I wouldn't say he is a bad boy, but I also wouldn't say he is a goodie twoshoes. He is more of a comedian. Tyler and Mark are twelve years old. Last of all comes Emma, almost eleven years old. She is an honor roll student, but not a nerd. She plays basketball and softball, but isn't the sporty type. She is really good at art and writing stories.

     Emma got up and got dressed. Then she brushed her hair, the tangled menace. Emma went downstairs to eat breakfast with her brothers and sister.
     All of them went outside then lined up on the road. They did this everyday. They would line up on the road and race to the bus stop. "Last one there is a rotten egg!" screamed Tyler. That was the sign to run now, or forever stink.
     They all ran as fast as they could, trying to be the first one there. Mark was always last, he wasn't made for sports. He is about ten feet behind the others, panting. As they get a few feet away from the bus stop (not including Mark) Tyler passes Jessica and gets to the bus stop first. Next is Jessica, then Emma, and (a few minutes later) Mark.
     They all got on the bus, in order from first to last.

Sorry the chapter is short.