The Lost

It took three laws to completely change America. One, women were property. Two, only 100 hundred girl babies are to be born in each state every year. After the 100 have been hit every baby girl still in utero must be terminated. Three, all women must report to the capital to be moved to their new homes.

Our cell is dark and concrete, everything smells of mold. If we are lucky we get to be chosen for a day out. Thats what they call a man wanting a piece of meat to screw. If we are chosen we get to be dressed up in what ever the man wants and we are brought to a nice room with a bed for the man to have their way with us. Today is my turn. I walk out of our cell with my guard, I am pampered then brought into a beautiful room with a large bed. I am told to sit and wait for my suitor.

Men get to walk freely while we sit in our cells to await being chosen. When a man wants they come to our prison and choose who ever they would like to fuck. They have us here to please men and procreate, because thats all women are good for. I close my eyes and await the man that has come to rape me.

A hand touches my leg, and goosebumps crawl up my back. I look up into the mans eyes, hoping that he can see the anguish inside of mine. It takes him all of five seconds to undress and to crawl on top of me. I lay there and let him do what he came here to do. Close your eyes and think of London, thats the saying right? After only a minute or two he is finished and leaving me. Finally I let the tears stream down my eyes.

Days turned into months and my belly grew and grew. There was a life inside of me that I truly wish wasn't there. The 100 had been hit for the year, and now I live in fear of the life inside of me being snuffed out. I have cried every night since I found out that I was carrying. I have to carry this innocent life inside of me and I have no way of protecting it. I walk to my bed in the cell and I feel like stares. Some are jealous, others pity me. I am a ticking time bomb. Tomorrow is the day I found out the sex of my baby.

Its early when I am pulled out of bed by the guard. Anxiety and terror rumble inside me as I am pushed down the hallway to doctors office. I allow the tears to flow freely down my face as I sit on the doctors bed. He greets me has he pours cold jelly onto my plump belly. My heart breaks as the doctors eyes fall he whispers,

"It's a girl."