One of The Guys

Blake

Blake

I pulled up my Nike pros and slipped a muscle tee over my torso. With my shoes on, I walk out of the locker room and towards the football field. Dad was already out there with the guys. While Dad spoke to other coaches on the field while the guys did their warm ups. When I made it to Dad, they were discussing the upcoming season. I smiled and crossed my arms watching the guys go up and down.

After another fifteen minutes, Dad called a huddle. The sixty guys surrounded my dad and the other coaches. I stood by Dad, intent on every word he said. I knew all of the guys and they knew me. I was basically part of the family. With no mother, it was like I was raised by dogs. I'm not into the girly things mort typical girls do. I'm into working out, four wheeling in the mud, sports cars, and football. It's in my blood, and there's no getting rid of it.

"Coach I thought this was a closed practice." Ah, there he is. The star quarterback. Mr. Dillion Wilson. 6'7" towering frame weigh 223 lbs of muscles. His broad shoulders and bulging biceps swooned every girl in our school, except for me. Putting us together is like water and oil. He only tolerates me, because I'm his coach's daughter. He wants to kiss up to my dad, but little does he know that Dad adores him.

"You know Blake comes to every practice. She is family, so she is a part of this team." I smirked at the brown haired overloaded testosterone teenager. His hazel eyes glared my way before he rolled them. Dillion is smart, for a football player. He has straight A's along with a full ride scholarship to UofM. He's arrogant at times, but that's nothing twenty laps or more can't fix. Dillion is one of my dad's favorite players, but you wouldn't think that if you was what happened in practice.

The boys broke off and started reviewing plays. I myself had learned all of the plays. I learned what each player on the field does for that play. I stood by Dad as he scolded and encouraged the guys. When I chuckled, he looked over at me with a quirked brow.

"What are you chuckling at?" His voice was playful. I just shrugged and kept my eyes on the field. The guys were getting into formation, but then I noticed one of the guys had sloppy form. Dad saw my irritation and blew the whistle. I looked over at him and he nodded. Smiling, I walked onto the field towards our team's center. His name is Brady, a big sweetheart. I felt a glare on the side of my head, but I ignored it.

"Brady." I stood in front of the shaggy haired 6' boy. He towered me, but all of them did. "Your form is sloppy. Get in position." Brady nodded and did as he was told. Dillion was standing in behind Brady with crossed arms. "Widen your stance, it will help you balance. Screw the spikes of your cleats into the ground. He did as told. "Feel better?" Brady smiled and nodded. "You're on your toes too much. Dig your heels in. Try setting your hips back, that might help off set your leaning." Brady fixed his position and he was already looking better. "Now," I got into the same position as he was in. "Chest up. I want to see the name of our school on your jersey." Brady adjusted and I smiled. "Make sure laces are up." I pointed towards the ball and he rolled it upright. "Stay just like that." I stood up right and walked behind him. Dillion glared harder.

"What are you doing?" He snapped at me. I craned my neck and smirked.

"Taking your job." I got into a similar position as Brady, but put my hands in a spread-finger V on the backside of his crotch. He jumped at the fell of my hands so close to his 'boys'. "Relax Brady." All the guys chuckled and he just blushed. "Josh, go to the 20 yard line." The dark colored boy nodded and walked off. "Dillion back up." I said and got a grunt in response. Your loss, I thought to myself. I shouted a random play and Brady swiftly put the ball into my hands. I gripped the ball properly and back up a few steps- elbowing Dillion in the chest- before throwing the ball to Josh; who was 39 yards down the line. The ball spiraled beautifully as it soared through the air and to Josh. He caught it and came back over. I patted Brady on the back. "I want that every time. Nice job." He smiled and I did the same before walking back to Dad.

He stood there admiring me with his grey eyes. The other coaches were watching as well, but I ignored them. I stood next to Dad and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Trying to snatch my job kiddo?" I smirked and looked at a pissed off Dillion. He was in his perfect form, but had a chip on his shoulder.

"Might as well, already took Dillion's." The he stood, with hands hanging by his sides. His jersey tucked under his gear and sweat dripping down his skin. Dillion became a raging bull when you hit the wrong nerve, and it wasn't pretty. Dad picked him up from the police station one time. Dillion had beat up some guy because words were exchanged. He can get bad, but it's nothing Dad and I can't handle.

~~~

I walked out of the locker room with all my things in hand. It was dinner time, and I was starving. My keys juggled in my fingers as I got my car keys in between my fingers. As I looked up, I ran into a wall of muscle and sweat. This wouldn't be the first time. I backed away and looked up to see Dillion with narrowed eyes. Great.

"What the hell was that at practice?" He snapped getting in my face. I closed my eyes and took a step back. The , I opened my eyes again and gazed into his hard eyes calmly.

"I was helping Brady with his form." I said jutting out a hip. Dillion was pissed, as always it seems.

" I could've done that." He sneered getting in my face, again.

"Then why didn't you?! If you have a problem with me helping the team, then maybe you should do it." I was about to walk away but he grabbed my bicep and pulled me back.

"Stay out of my way Johnson. My team doesn't need your help." With that he shoved passed me and into the locker room. I stood there and sighed.

He's so arrogant.

|||

New book! I have these ideas and I want to share, so I just publish them and see where they go. I know, risky, but I'm young and ready to fight off the haters.

What do you think?