Introduction

Hey everyone, I'm Alice Watkins and I'm a totally normal 24 years old girl. Except for the thing that I have a Youtube channel with over 2.6 million subscribers. No big deal. But that's for later.

I created this blog, because I want you to hear my story. So, here we go.

So, I live in Texas with my dad and my two little sisters. Well, not excactly, because we're neighbours. My sisters, Ginny and Esther used to live with mom, but when she died, they moved here.

We lived in Hungary for a long time. Mom's parents are Hungarian (well, sadly, just her mom, because grandpa passed away 7 years ago), and she used to live with them (obviously). But when she was in college (she went to Oxford), they met each other with dad. They fell in love, and moved in together in Hungary. Dad learned the language, and they had three beautiful children, three girls. Us. We had a nice little flat in the middle of the capital city, and we were so happy. After living there for twelve years, mom and dad wanted to have something new to their lives. That's how we moved to London. And here's the fairytale. Everything's perfect. But this is life. At a time, dad barely was home. He had to travel to many places because of his job, and he couldn't be with us. They argued a lot about it with mom. Dad even got a job as a hotel manager, in Texas, wich was the last thing mom could stand. She wasn't mad at dad, she just thought it would be easier this way. So, one day they decided to get a divorce. Dad accepted the job so we moved to Texas. At that time I was thirteen, Ginny was eight and Esther was five. They stayed with mom, and I got to visit them every summer.

Dad and I got along so well. I wasn't a princess, and even though I like girly things, I prefered (and still do) baseball (Texas Rangers forever), basketball (my life) and fast food. I never said it, but I liked dad better. I mean, everyone needs a mom, and I loved mine a lot. But back then I decided to come with dad. Not just because the judge told us that dad had to have one of us. But because my sisters needed a mom, they were little. It was up to me to leave them. But after all, I think it wasn't really a bad choice.

So, we moved here, they stayed there, mom and dad were friends, and everyone was happy.

But life's not fair. Mom died 6 years ago, the day when I graduated in high school. She was driving (probably home), when an idiot drunk man crashed into her. Of course, the man survived, but nobody could help mom. I remember, I called her to tell the good news, but she didn't answer. I wasn't afraid, or anything, but when I got home, dad told me that he got a call from London. It's the reason why I never drink. I know, I should say that it's the reason why I never drive, but that's not true. I drive. I was scared, when dad asked me if I wanted a license, and I didn't even pass the test in the first place. But then I did, and I'm not scared anymore.

But that was a long time ago. My sisters moved to us, and we became an almost perfect family. Ginny moved on fast (by fast, I mean a half year), what's weird, because she was 13, typically the age when teens need their mom (ironic, isn't it?) But Esther became depressed. Well, half depressed. She had no friends, she even was bullied by some of her classmates. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until a letter came from her school, saying that something's not okay with her. I couldn't believe it. My beautiful sister, who was smart, funny, she was always happy... At home. But in school... She was the opposite. The saddest part is, I could do nothing.

I was always daddy's little girl. There was a time, when he was distracted by his job, and he had no time for me. I only had our housekeeper at home, Melanie, who is a good friend of mine, but it wasn't the same. Dad tried to balance it with buying me everything, and I didn't really like it. And then mom died. He threw everything (which is impressive, seeing that he's a hotel manager), and flew to London with me to the funeral and to bring home Ginny and Esther. It's not that I was jealous of my sisters, I love them more than anything, but when they came here and messed up my life, dad suddenly started to "forget" me. OK, he didn't, but before it, he at least cared about me that much to give me presents. But then, we barely talked, he spent the most time with the girls, we even missed like four baseball matches, which is a big deal for me.