Introduction

All of their friends knew they were complete opposites, enemies, unfamiliar with each other. That's what they knew. But the thing is that not everyone knows everything. To their parents, the other didn't exist; he was a pureblood, wealthy and high class boy and she was the muggle born sweetheart who lived down the road from him. They saw each other as they grew up but neither made contact nor did they attempt too. That was until school came around. She was gifted with the joy of being a witch and he was destined to try and please his parents. He did not. He was to be a Slytherin golden boy but instead he sided with the colours of red and gold, roaring with pride for his new house. She too was placed in Gryffindor. They still did not speak or interact as the years went on.

However, one day in their 5th year, she was late for Transfiguration. She was sure that she was going to get in a world full of trouble. Just as she was about to enter the class room, he was lent up against the wall outside the class room door. His eyes locked with her and his smirk grew to form a pleased and surprised smile. Caught off guard, she grinned back. Never had they properly looked at each other. Clearly... they both liked what they saw.

This was how sweet young Maxine Green and the charming Sirius Black first met.

After their first interaction, they would catch each others eyes every now and then as they passed in the hallways to class or passed each other in their common room. Sirius was surround by his hooligan friends, a rowdy bunch of boys who mostly enjoyed poaching the school with their consistent pranking and their garish rude but somehow charming behaviour. Girls loved them, especially Sirius Black and his best friend James Potter. Maxine was familiar with James as her best friend was forever being tortured by his persistence. Lily Evans, the stunning red head. Many would mistake Evans and Green as cousin since they both had similar stunning ginger locks, but alas they were not, although they were close enough to be sisters. Maxine and her friends hated interaction with James and his hooligans but of course they loved to wind the girls up endlessly.

Little did they know that Maxine and Sirius had never spoke a word or mention of not liking each other. To be quite honest, they didn't really know each other all that well. There had been moments where they first spoke, but they were words of fake mockery towards each other since they were surrounded by their peers. The two groups were not fond of each other, so much so they thought Green and Black were enemies.

How wrong they were....