TRAGEDY

Last month, Mr. Brown went on a beach trip. He went on his vacation at the Fort Clarence beach in Portmore. At the beach, he met the Stewart family. The parents are Joy and Wayne Stewart and the children are Lamar and Shanice Stewart.

Mr. Brown wanted to go for a swim, so he said that the water was clean, the sunray was hot enough for him, but because of the waves, which were rough, he had changed his mind. That did not stop Lamar and Shanice from going for a swim, while they were swimming and enjoying their selves there was a shark. When they spotted the shark, they both tried to outrun it, Lamar manage to made it out of the water fast enough without realizing that he had left his sister behind.

The shark caught Shanice and hold on to her leg with its teeth; the shark would not let go. When the lifeguard had realize what was taken place he started to shoot at the shark. There was crying and shouting from people on the beach. The family called the ambulance, mean while Mr. Brown was adding pressure on Shanice leg because she was losing a lot of blood.

About thirty minutes after, the ambulance arrived and they took over from there. The family was told by the nurse that came in the ambulance, what hospital they were to go. Joy and Wayne told Mr. Brown that they would appreciate if he goes with them to the hospital. He took the offer because of how he felt to know that such an accident had happened to someone he had just met. On their way to the hospital her parents was restless, sad, shocked and confuse especially her mother, it was more than what Joy could manage. She could not believe what had happened in her eyes with her own child and she is hurt by the fact that she could not have done any thing to help Shanice.

After reaching at the hospital because Shanice is seriously injured they had to rush with her into emergency room. While waiting, the family prayed for a positive result and Mr. Brown was trying to cheer Joy so she could stop crying, he told her that with god every thing is possible just leave this problem in his hands and she will see the true god in which she serve. Lamar was so shocked that he could not breathe properly a nurse had to calm him down. An hour and half later, Shanice's doctor came out of the room and told the family that Shanice is sleeping and she will be fine as long as she take some prescription pills until they are finish. The family and Mr. Brown was relief to hear such a good news, Joy still was crying thou only this time it was a joyful crying.