Detention buddies

The tree leaves gently swayed through the September breeze. I stood with my feet in the lake, the water just up to my shin. I should of felt cold but a warming glow was swimming around in my body, feeling as if I was somewhere else, somewhere warm. A strong pair of arms slid around my hips and a soft but strong chin gently rested itself on my shoulder. I smiled and pulled them closer, squeezing tight in their embrace.

"This is nice..." I muttered

"Sure is... I wonder how the others would react.." he chuckled. I turned to look at his face. Sirius.p

"Oi!! Max! Maxine wake upppp" the faint sound of Alice's moaning and the shaking of my body came to draw me back to reality. What on earth was that dream about. Never had I ever thought of the rebel boy Black in any way other than a pair of smoky grey eyes I would catch in the corridors. My instincts were telling me that something was changing and my mind instantly concluded to be my interaction with Black. Why now? Was it that he talked to me properly yesterday? Was there a bet going on? Was I the victim of a mean trick?

Swatting my arms around at Alice as if she was a fly, I slowly rose from my bed, blinded instantly from the sun beam that would hit my bed every morning at 7. It's Saturday.... why am I awake at 7 on a Saturday!!

"Alice so help me God, you better have a good reason to be waking me up this early on a Saturday morning." I lowly growled, my forehead flopping onto her shoulder. I wasn't a morning person. She giggled as she tried to brush back my messy ginger mop into something presentable.

"I do! One, we have a Quidditch match to attend shortly. Franks first game and two, Lily, Marlene and I want to go into Hogsmeade to top up on sleepover snacks, we've got the Gryffindor Girls sleep over tonight for the first years, remember?" Her small but radiant smile beamed at me and I couldn't resist but to smile back.

"Okay.... but does McKinnion have to come?" I whispered, my eyes locked on the bathroom door placed on the other side of the room.

"Don't start this again..."

"Alice! She was the one that cut my skirt up last year to look like origami because I once talked to her boyfriend at the time who so happened to be my Potions partner. She could of blamed Slughorn for that! And now she constantly throws shade my way!" My little hands were flying around like flamed nunchucks as I hissed frustration

"Yeah that was a little dumb that she did that..." Alice flattened down her pixie cut slightly so it wasn't sticking out like she had an electric shock

"Who's her latest snatch anyway? She's always jumping from one to the next.." I snorted, not keeping my voice down. If she's got a problem with me saying exactly how I feel then bring it! Alice frowned, covering my mouth as best as she could.

"Your complete opposite!" She whispered

"My what? Huh?" I moved her hand, holding it in mine to keep her still.

"Black" she snickered. As. Fucking. If

"Why does everyone think Sirius Bloody Black is my complete opposite??" I stood up, pulling my covers over my bed to start making it.

"Don't be dim! Pureblood vs Muggleborn, Bad boy vs Good girl, Slytherin failure vs Gryffindor golden girl! Not to mention the fact his parents would have you murdered if they ever saw their son with someone that wasn't his cousin! You are so sweet, innocent and cute and Black.... well...he's a broken toy. He'd need to find a miracle woman to make him become even a smidgen worthy of being called a man!" Is she actually saying that crap??

"Alice you're mental. Literally everything you said is utter crap."

"Is not! You're too perfect to be near him!"