The group

PROLOGUE

"I remember," I said with tears stinging my eyes, "A long time ago, when I was eight or nine, in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep, I used to slip out of my bed and sit in my living room and just stare into the darkness and think- 'it's so late, everybody is fast asleep. Right now I can do whatever I want to, no one can stop me' those thoughts gave me a rush of excitement which to this date I cannot explain. I felt invincible, I felt as though the sky was the limit and that I could go out into the 'big' world that everybody kept talking about and I could do whatever I wanted to, and by the time everyone wakes up, I would be long gone and I would be unstoppable. But, after three or four minutes of dreaming about all the possibilities, I would simply yawn, return to my room and go back to sleep. It was as if I knew I was kidding myself and that I would never be able to do anything worthwhile. I never turned those words into actions and because of that, to this day I wonder about what could have been. And now? Now it is thirteen years later, I almost died and if I had, I would have done nothing in my life I would be just a woman who lived life of regret I suppose. But nevertheless, it's too late anyway."

At that moment, Jake turned around and said, "That is what your problem is, you're always thinking it's too late. You're always thinking about

what could have been but you never think about what could be. You want to turn your words into actions? Well now is the time for you to do that.We leave tomorrow at noon. You want to do something worthwhile? You know where to find us. Don't be late, and don't let me down."