I've Had Enough

Yuuri stood in the middle of the ice with the microphone in hand. His nerves were off the charts and he didn't know what to do. He knew that he needed to calm his nerves. He would be singing a cover of Ailee's version of 'I Will Always Love You'. The expectations were high for him. This song is remotely famous for Whitney Houston's version. He needed to be able to project his feelings. He needed to let Viktor and the world know that this will be the last time that they see of him. He's going to pour his heart out into this one final performance.

He looked towards the skater stands and saw everyone there. The friends that he made from the years of competing. The coaches that had taken an interest in him for his style and overall kindness. He looked at the one person that needed to pay attention to this and saw the interest and feelings of love in those ocean blue eyes. He looked away as the tears began to gather. He heard the murmurs from the crowd and remembered that the camera was looking at him. He looked up and saw his face on the big screen. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and releasing it, feeling more calm than he's ever been. The beginning notes of the piano started. He raised the mic to his lips and let the singing do the talking for him.

(If I should stay
I would only be in your way
So I'll go but I know
I'll think of you every step of the way)

Yuuri knew eventually that this day would come. He felt within every fiber of his being. He knew that his time with Viktor was coming to a close. He knew from the day Viktor told Yuuri that he was going to coach him. He knew from the 'Hot Springs on Ice'. He knew from the very first competition with Minami. He knew from the first kiss at the Cup of China. He knew when they landed in Russia for the Rostelecom Cup. He knew from the ring exchange, from the Short Program, ending it after the finals, the Free Program. He knew....and yet his heart continued to yearn for the silver haired skater. His anxiety filled mind told him to not pursue the man, but his emotions and his heart wanted the man so much.

(And I will always love you
I will always love love you
You, my darling you)

Yuuri was on cloud 9 when Viktor practically told everyone that they were engaged. Hell....he didn't even know that they were dating. He knew that he loved this man with every inch of his being. He loved being next to Viktor as an equal. He loved it when they would go on tiny dates. He loved it when they would cuddle and spend the day in each other's arms. He even loved it when they had sex. Another moment in their love life when they felt connected with one another. The bliss that Yuuri felt was something entirely different from when he was on the ice. He enjoyed, no, LOVED every moment of it and wished that it would never end. He wanted to be in this dream for the rest of his life.

(Bittersweet memories
That is all I'm taking with me
So goodbye
Please don't cry
We both know I'm not what you need of)

Viktor began to act strange nearly a year after they lived together for 2 years. He started talking about this one female skater. Yuuri had stared at Viktor and asked him if he liked her. Viktor was silent way longer than needed. He stood up and had pounced onto Yuuri and hugged him endlessly with crying. Repeating about how much Yuuri's words had wounded him. Yuuri had tears of relief swimming in his chocolate brown eyes. He poked at Viktor's whorl and reminded him about the Chihoko incident. Viktor pouted and Yuuri laughed. Yuuri should've known at that moment that Viktor had lied straight through his teeth.

Viktor began coming home smelling like the sweet scent of flowers. They both knew that Viktor had allergies so he couldn't have too much flowers in his vicinity. The smells changed everyday. Viktor would tell him over and over again that he was talking to the fans. However, a multitude of people don't have the same scent, not like that.