chapter one

PROLOGUE:

I didn't want to fall in love, that wasn't why I moved to California at all; but it happened, and I couldn't complain, because not only were the number of views, on his vlogs great; but the person he was in general was great too. he understood me, better than I understood myself, and the day we locked eyes at that party our friend toddy threw, I knew I wanted to be his friend, because you could just look into his eyes, and see how caring he really was. and boy was i right; he had a heart too big for this crappy world. and I just wanted to hold it in a box, and make sure it was never broken.

"Brenda" liza said, hitting me with a throw pillow, which made me snap out of my day dream. "who were you thinking about?" she asked, well, shouted; being her normal hyper self "I'm sorry," I said rubbing my eyes with my palms, and sighing. "Davids been on my mind a lot recently, and i think i might, i might love him; liza." I told her whining. "call him and ask if he wants to hang out, or ill be a good wing-woman, and do it for you" she said running for my phone, knowing i wasn't going to call david on my own; but shortly after I noticed what she was doing, i got up, snatched my phone from the counter, turned it off, and put it in my pocket. "elizabeth" i said in a stern voice. "you're not going to do that, and neither am i" I told her. a cold silence appeared over our conversation, but ended once liza hit me with the truth; "I know you're afraid because of how men have treated you before, but we both know David is different, so when I see him tomorrow for our driving with liza skit, I'm going to ask him on a date for you" whatever" I said, knowing that even if i told liza not to, she would anyways. after all, she's been my best friend for the past thirteen years, and this wasn't the first time she's done something like this. I walked off to my room, and laid on my bed, starting to drift off to sleep. "Brenda, it's david" she told me, handing her phone to me; "are you kidding me liza" i asked in a low voice so he couldn't hear me on the other line. "i thought you were gonna wait until tomorrow, i don't feel mentally well enough to handle this right now" i told her, turning over in bed. "yeah, sorry david, she can't make the party." liza said to the boy on the other line. "liza, give me the phone" i yelled, reaching my hand out for the phone. "here" she said, exiting my room to give me some privacy.