Chapter One~Just A Normal Day...Kind Of

"Lexi!" I hear from behind me.

I spin my head around to see Rebecca, my best friend, running up to me. I instantly smile and stop walking so she can catch up.

"Yeah Rebecca?" I say as she runs up to my side.

She breathes heavy, "I need to start working out." she complains.

"You're telling me." I say sarcastically as we start walking again.

She punches me on the arm. "Now I know why Ryan didn't like you when he first met you."

I laugh and shake my head. Ryan actually hated me when we first met, but now he's one of my best guy friends. I still have no idea how that happened.

"So what did you want anyways?" I ask wanting to change the subject before she goes into a full on rant about how she wants me and Ryan to date. I swear she's about this close to making a ship name for us or something like that.

"Did you hear about Amanda and Jordan?!" she says excitedly.

I roll my eyes. I love Rebecca to death, but sometimes her gossip gets to me.

"What happened with Mr. and Mrs. Suck-Face-In-The-Middle-Of-The-Hallway this week?" I say sarcastically.

She sighs, "Her baby shower is this weekend, and she wants us both to come!"

"When did she get pregnant?" I ask.

Rebecca glares at me, "Do you ever keep up with what's going on in this school?"

I turn to face her, being careful not to walk into something, "You know me, I only pay attention to drama in Perks Of Being A Wallflower."

She laughs and rolls her eyes.

"When did she get pregnant?" I ask again.

"Like five months ago." she says.

I remember hearing about that, but I also remember not caring. We walk into the lunch room and to our usual table.

As we sit down I say, "I thought she got an abortion."

"A what?" she asks over the obnoxious yelling of the girls at the table next to us.

"An abortion!" I say louder.

Suddenly somebody comes up behind me and grabs my shoulders.

"Abortion? I thought you weren't allowed to get pregnant." says a husky voice.

I turn around and find myself staring into Ryan's gray eyes.

"I'm not talking about me." I say.

"Mr. and Mrs. Suck-Face?" he asks.

He knows me so well.

"Yup." I say, popping the 'p'.

He smiles and takes the seat next to me.

"And no, she decided that abortion was murder and that it isn't right to do that." Rebecca says.

I rolled my eyes. Did everything about high school have to be so cheesy?

She runs a hand through her short auburn hair. "I swear, it's amazing you even survive in this school." she says.

"As I've been told." I say with a smile.

"Lexi do you think I could borrow your homework for Science?" Ryan asks.

"Why?" I ask, although already had a feeling why.

"I didn't do it." he says casually.

I give him the death glare. He's already almost failed two times this year. He only comes for me for help because I have the highest average in the class.