Part One of Two

"I hate you." A shaky, young female voice struggled to reach past the glass that surrounded her. The people sitting at computers around her didn't hear her. Nor would they have paid any heed to the small girl's words. Small hazel eyes stared at the person in the front of everyone else, the one with the control panel for the tube that contained her. She leaned back against the tube and slumped down onto the floor, drawing her legs towards her chest and hiding her face. As soon as she did that she heard the sound of a garage door closing. However, when she looked up, it was a metal covering lowering down around the tube, totally blocking vision in and out of the small space. Before the sheet had fully covered it, a terrifying white light sparked above, a controlled lightning strike forming above her head. She had known this day would come, they had been telling her for weeks. But instead of attempting an escape, she had just waited, not fully believing they would do it. She was too trusting, this, unfortunately, was her downfall. She rested her head on her knees, knowing that it would be her last few breaths. One... Two... Three breaths... Then the loud, high-pitched whining sound of the emitter turning came, and the large flash of light took the young girl away.