"Finally.."

I sat in a compartment by myself. The train hadn't left the station quite yet but naturally I was early. It was a rough morning to say the least; I walked down Grimmauld Place and happened to catch eye contact with Sirius' mother through the window of her house. Her face stiffened and she instantly started shouting at me, no doubt shouting mudblood slurs!

I put my feet up on the seat in front of me, mindlessly braiding my hair as I stared at the sliding door. I was waiting for Lily to come back from the bathroom but annoyingly she was taking her time.

"Hello sweetheart!" A smooth velvety voice I was so excited to hear appeared out of nowhere. He stood there leaning against the door, his head resting on the frame, his arms crossed, a huge grin plastered across his face and his hair brushed back slightly. I blinked in shock.... holy hell he looks... fantastic!

"Uhh.." I grinned back, unable to find the right words to say. I felt suddenly confused and overwhelmed.!I had spoken to him everyday for nearly a year, we had become pretty much best friends and now coming back into the new year, looking even more stud like I might add, my feeling for him suddenly shape into a new feeling. Attraction? Intimidation? Lust? Or genuine feelings of happiness and love?

"Uhh? That's all I get! Merlin.. Stone cold Max!" He snorted, clearly amused that I was staring at him like an idiot! Snapping out of the stare, I got up and allowed him to pull me into a hug

"Jesus, Sirius! Do you ever stop growing!" My voice was slightly muffled by the smothering of his chest. He's put on muscle too! I pulled away and became eyes level with his chest. His shirt was slightly unbuttoned, revealing his chest hair and tattoo.... tattoo!! what??

My eyes went wide as I snapped my head up to look at him, my finger prodding his tattoo. Impulsively, he gave me his charming smug grin and winked.

"Padfoot? You down here mate?" The familiar sound of James Potter was heard from down the hall followed by a shout of joy and the word "Evan's" followed after it. Lily was finally back.

"I'll talk to you tonight" He quickly whispered before laying a kiss on my forehead before dashing down the train corridor, leaving me alone once more. We never made contact in that way. We had hugged a few times in the year we got to know each other but never had he made physical contact in such a way that it was anything more than platonic. I felt my cheeks rise with heat and a smile appear. Slumping back down on the seats I found myself replaying his goodbye over and over. What was happening? Was that tiny moment of non platonic affection rushing to my head and re-evaluating my ideas of Sirius although!?

"Run along Potter!" Lily huffed, shutting the door behind her. Now sat opposite me, she smiled but it wasn't her usual smile. It was more of a questioning kind of smile

"What's going on?" She giggled in a sing song way, leaning forward and poking my knee. Now was the time. I had to tell her about everything. It was the one thing I was dreading to do this year but since I was suddenly getting confused about my feelings I needed her to confide in.

"Lillian. You're my best fiend and pretty much my sister. I've had a secret that has been eating at me for so long because I've wanted to gossip about it to you but the problem is what the secret about..." I sat forward, lowering my voice. She frowned slightly, shaking her head

"I thought we were done with secrets! You promised me Max!!" Her voice was dripping in disappointment

"I know I know! But what I'm going to tell you... you will freak out... everyone will freak out but you're my sister and I need you to help me!" I whined, bringing up the puppy dog eyes as I grabbed her hand

"You're not involved with any dark magic 'you know who' stuff are you!..." she squirmed back. I sighed and pulled her back

"No, seriously Lily come on! Okay..." I took a deep breath and let it all out "now all of you know that Sirius Black and I are what you lot call different but the truth is that since the beginning of 6th year, we have talked everyday, with out our friends knowing and we've been best friends for nearly a year. We were together in that detention you freaked out about. We've been pretending to find each other annoying for a whole year because you guys all think we don't make sense as friends..." I finished my sentence, taking a deep breath. Lily did nothing but grin, a big smug devilish grin. What is she thinking!

"Finally..."

"FINALLY??" I jumped up, looking at her as if she's gone insane!

"Yes finally! Alice, Marlene, James and Peter think you two don't make sense as friends but Remus and I totally think you two would! I mean, look at Potter and I! He's a pureblood and I'm a muggleborn! Same as you two. The only big deal is that Black's parents are the threat! Not Black himself. I think the reason we've all been so protective with you and him being friends is because of his parents. There is a war going on and you could get hurt because of it..." Lily pulled me in a hug.

"The problem is Lily... I love being friends with him. He is the absolute best, along side of you of course. He makes me feel so much better about everything!" I sighed, rubbing my forehead with my palm

"Sounds like you love him" she playfully snorted. I bit my lip and stared at the ground. I had never thought of that... "Oh Maxine.." she gasped, pulling me into a tight hug

I giggled and pulled back "I can't be... I mean he did kiss me forehead for the first time before you came in here... we've never made any physical contact before!" I snorted, getting up to pull down my bag from the rack above us.

"Well, its got you all hot and flustered by the looks of it! Hmm... I'm going to watch you two.." Lily mused, following my directions of getting her bag down, the two of us proceeding to change into our uniform

"You're what?" I raised a suspicious eyebrow as I pulled down the blinds for us to get dressed in peace.

"I'll watch you two! You know, be the fly on the wall to see your interaction around each other. Well, only when we're all together, I won't go following you and Black" She nodded to herself, forming a plan. She's bonkers that one. I tied my neck tied into a tight knot and sat back down.

This year could be interesting