The Love Affair - TiBette

Tina: "I'm leaving. I have to do this. I need space, I want to breathe."

Tina's last words before leaving linger in Bette's mind. Every day, she reflects about her attitude towards Tina; how she treated her; how she took her for granted, how she controlled her. If only she could turn back time. Bette is extremely remorseful.

∞∞o0o∞∞

When Angelica was born, a lot have changed in Bette and Tina's life. After Angie's 3rd birthday, Tina decided to leave Bette because she can no longer stand her attitude of being a control freak and so manipulative. Bette has become so overbearing and she needed to realize it to herself.

After leaving Bette, Tina meets Henry; a graphic artist; divorced and has a five-year old kid, Mikey. Though they're not really in love with each other, they have a mutual understanding and respect. Eventually, they become a couple; they need each other for other reasons. However, Tina becomes aloof towards her gay friends when she got involved with him. Criticized and judged for having a male partner is all she feels whenever she's with her gay friends. They obviously don't approve her relationship with him. Avoiding the group is what she thinks the best way to do in order to free herself from all ridicules. Instead, she keeps herself busy at work and other stuff. But after two months of being with Henry, she realizes that she's still in love with Bette; she misses her and wants to go back to her. She breaks up with Henry and tells him that she realized she's really gay and prefers women over men. Henry understands and respects her decision. Nonetheless, they still maintain their platonic relationship.

Bette has changed a lot in terms of her attitude since her break-up with Tina. She has become more accommodating; no longer a control freak or an overbearing person. She regrets having negative attitude, the reason why Tina left her. When she learned about Tina's relationship with Henry, she concluded that Tina really prefers the conventional and heterosexual world. Her heart is broken. She still loves Tina so much, but she must accept and try to move on.

She owns an art gallery and also works as a Consultant for different companies; financially stable and maintains her good stature. She meets Stacey, an entrepreneur who owns several restaurants in three states, and also owns a travel and tours company. She has a strong personality, totally hot, sexy and very attractive. Persistence is her key, and eventually, she becomes Bette's girlfriend. Her house in LA is not too far from Bette's house. She loves Bette so much and enjoys her company.

When Tina learns that Bette has a new girlfriend, she's saddened and devastated. It only means she has no more chance of getting back together with her. Regret stabs through her. How she wishes she didn't leave Bette. But sad as it is, she must accept that they're through now.

To get herself distracted, she spends most of her time working. As an Associate Producer at Shaolin Productions, her job is a bit unstable. She tries all means to cut her expenses. Henry, being a good friend to her, offers to share the house rent. He occupies a separate room and another room is being occupied by Tina's colleague. The house is huge and sharing the house rent is not bad at all. Tina and Henry are just friends and companions; no sexual intimacy at all. Most of the time, Henry is out of the country and doesn't stay in the house often. But there are times when he asks favor from Tina; he leaves his son Mikey with her, along with a nanny. Tina is fine with it and the whole set-up works conveniently for all of them.

Bette and Tina have joint custody of Angelica. They rarely see each other, but they are in speaking terms. Though their break-up was never brutal, there's always an awkwardness between them whenever they talk in person or on the phone. Email or text messaging is what they prefer instead, unless it's an emergency. Tina hasn't told anyone about her current situation and her relationship with Henry. Bette and all their common friends think that Tina and Henry are still a couple. Henry is neither visible to them.