1. Harsh Reality

There are some characters that you might not know, to have a better understanding you can read my other Haikyuu stories, but you don't have to. All my Haikyuu Fanfiction Series stories relate with each other.

Please Enjoy :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro POV
(Present time)

"Don't be here today! Here's some money and leave," my mom shoves me out of the house with some money and closes the door.

I stare at the crinkled $20.

$20 is only enough for dinner huh?

I walk down the street and see little kids play happily with their friends as their parents watch over them.

I look at them and then turn away. There are some things that you can never have and things that money can never buy that.

For me, I could never obtain the happiness that I wanted. It suffocates me when I see people achieve that happiness so easily while I'm stuck down in an endless pit that I can't get myself out of.

It's not like I have a choice. I never did have a blessed childhood anyways.

(8 years ago - elementary school)

"Look at my new dress I got for Christmas isn't it nice?" One of my friends, Kanae says as she happily spins her dress around with her brown pig tails swaying along with it.

"So pretty! Where did you get it from?" My other friend, Reiko asks in awe.

"My mommy got it for me," she giggles and looks over to me. "What do you think Shiro?"

"I-It's nice..." I answer as I hold onto backpack straps feeling isolated from my two friends once again as they start to talk about what their parents got them for Christmas.

Most kids at a young age would always tell their parents what they want whether it was from seeing it on TV or seeing their friends own it. The latest dresses, shoes, toys, or electronics just about anything.

As I child I never asked for anything materialistic. I didn't want it. All I wanted was a happy family. It may sound like such a simple thing to most people but for me, it felt so far away.

"What's wrong Shiro?" Reiko asks me and I shake my head.

"It's nothing," I mumble.

"Oh can I come to your house today?" Kanae asks me and I flinch.

"I-I can't," I answer.

"Huh? Why's that?" Kanae asks and I bite my lip.

How can I invite someone to my house?

I really can't.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

Kanae and Reiko look at each other then back at me.

"It's fine," Kanae shrugs. "But you have to come over whenever I invite you okay?"

"Sure," I tell her with a small shy smile.