"A moment that changed me"

Basically it was my first year of high school as any other highschooler you don't know who you are yet and you want to discover your interests and yet your intelligence.
I mean it's understandable because you don't know what to expect your freshman year nor your sophomore, junior, or even your senior year.
Within those four short years you will overcome so many obstacles it looks like a river that constantly overflows but eventually will reach its level.
I mean hey, people start smoking people, start drinking and usually within this time people tend to lose their virginity's.
As any other teenager you want to experiment these things, but yet you fear that if you do any of these pressures you either lose value to yourself or those you love.
I was a freshman, and my main goal was to be the best senior, the most intelligent, and being the top class but especially earn my diploma.
I didn't care about falling in love, I didn't care about relationships, the only thing I cared about was getting my homework in on time but that's when it all changed in that one simple language class when I first laid eyes on him.
I remember it like it was yesterday, I sat in the corner of the desk and he sat right across I remember him holding his book reading it being so attentive.
I don't know something in my heart was like hey say hello him and that's what I did I spoke to him.
I still remember the red color on my cheeks and I still remember the awkward conversation we had together.
I mean what teenager hasn't, you found love with somebody and the conversations are pretty awkward but something about this conversation made me feel that I was making everything awkward and I'm pretty sure I did. *giggle*
" hey what are you reading" I lean forward from my desk and look directly at him
He just peaks from his book looks at me and goes back to reading.
For some reason something didn't tell me to stop talking to him I once more looked at him and asked the same question.
This time he actually answered and I don't remember what book it was exactly but something about the book wasn't as interesting as looking at him.
I don't know that they just made me feel like it was meant to be but something in my heart said stop you're going to ruin your life you going to get heartbroken but the other part of me was like go for it I know there will be challenges but go for it.
That's when we start class the teacher decided to have one of those introduce yourself moments and that's when I found out his name and his age and his goals in life, and something about it made me fall in love with every single word he spoke I knew I wanted him to be the one for me.