Ch 1. Hello 12

**I don't own the Hunger Games, this is fan fiction about the characters from the book, Cato and Katniss because I think the combination of the two would be really interesting and there is a serious lacking of stories for these two. **

A/N: I wrote this chapter a LONG time ago, that's why it sucks so much, bear with me.

_________________________

An explosion caught my attention when I was on my way to the career pile, the plan with Rue.

The Game makers just adding some explosions to liven up the "boring" day.

Just keep going, can't stop now.

I feel something as I make my way towards the opening of the forest, someone?

Another tribute?

I grab out an arrow and hold my bow, positioning it, alert with every noise.

Few seconds pass by and no sign of any tribute, although I know it's not paranoia.

A rustle comes from the bushes there is someone definitely following me.

I slowly move towards the bushes still holding up my bow.

I was extremely close to letting my arrow go when I heard a voice come from the bush.

"Wait! Don't shoot."

I pull my bow back again, tighter, obviously not trusting the disembodied voice.

A large dark figure appears, a mess of  dirty blond hair atop his head and icy blue eyes. There is large blood stain on his shirt and various other visible wounds are scattered all over his body . I recognize him, one of the careers. Cato.

"And why the hell should I not shoot?"

"Well 12, I have a proposition, I think you and I fire girl should team up and become a little tag-team." He finished with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Allies huh? How stupid do you think I am?"

He starts shifting so I move closer with my bow. "Not so fast."

"Listen." He raises his hands in surrender. "My "friends", the other careers, they kinda  left me for me dead when I got badly injured by the fire things so I would really appreciate the assistance."

He gestures to the blood stain. "I need help."

It seems like he is telling the truth about being badly injured so I use this to my advantage and kick him hard in his knee and he falls to the ground. I put my bow to the side and crouch down.

I glare at him. "Look, this is really out-of-character for you and I'm very skeptical that you are just looking for a friend to patch you up."

"I'm not playing games with you. 12, listen , just trust me please."

"Oh that's not going to happen."

"12." he says pleadingly.

I pick up my bow again, positioning my arrow again."No!"

" Look!" He yells and then starts coughing badly and spits . "Look , I wouldn't have to go through this much trouble just to kill you. You know that for a fact, if I wanted to kill you so badly I would have spent an afternoon hunting you down, then sneak up on you, snap your little neck and then bye-bye girl on fire. So can you just give me a fucking chance!"

I don't care what he says , I don't trust him. And I have to carry on with the plan. Rue is probably waiting for me.

"That is a really bad idea, I need to go. Don't you dare follow me. Don't try this again. The next time I see you I won't hesitate to shoot. Stay away."

I start backing away from him, he's still on the ground. He doesn't say anything, he just stares.

He lets out a breath, looking weary in his eyes. "12, please."

He's begging, he's not supposed to.

He still doesn't move, so I turn around and run.

That's when I hear screaming.

Rue.