The Hardest Part

Still.....

"I don't understand why." Y/n's voice cut through the heavy silence as all eyes turned to her. She took one large step onto a piece of machinery and struggled to keep her balance. Cade softly insisted she remain quiet as Bumblebee and Crosshairs turned the corner. Even Tessa and Shane broke apart from their intimacy to see what was unfolding.

The world moved in a blur outside the ship as they continued their course to Hong Kong. Hound sighed to himself as he prepared for the shit storm that was about to hit. Everyone knew that when Prime was in one of his moods; you don't talk to him.

The sound of the engines humming sent a soft vibration throughout the ship's floors. To soft for the Autobots to notice, but all encompassing for the humans onboard.

Y/n felt her bones shake as she tried to remain standing. She had stepped up in a futile attempt to become eye-level with Optimus, but was now questioning her motives. His blue optics looked down at her in confusion as a puff of breath escaped his nose. 

The green glow that was set within the ship's interior made the bot's armor glisten as he slowly turned to face her completely

Y/n felt her blood run cold. Her heart was pounding and her mind was screaming for her to leave him alone, but something else was pushing her to push him.

"I don't understand what this new look on life is."

Cade wanted to butt in, he wanted to shut her up in fear that Optimus would become enraged, but he didn't know either of them as well as they knew each other. There was so much unknown history between Y/n and the leader of the Autobots, that Cade knew he had no place to stop her.

Optimus' face remained stone cold as he stared down at the small human before him.

"The "I'm the biggest stone cold hard ass in the galaxy" act."

Bee placed a servo over his mouth and looked to Crosshairs who had a similar expression. Cade audibly gasped as Y/n turned to face him. "Look what you've done." She stated as she gestured to Cade. Tessa and Shane emerged from the front of the ship near Bee's feet, confused by the obvious tension. "Do you remember what it was like when humans met you before?" She stepped up yet again, a sudden surge of confidence moving her to call him out.