The Arrival

This morning, Ella woke up to her little brother pulling a tantrum about what cereal he was having. She came down the stairs ready for school and her brother was drenched in tears eating the cereal that he didn't want. He said, "Ella! Mom made me eat the bran cereal again! I wanna eat my Cheerios!" Ella said, "I don't care Dylan! That's not my problem, just because you are a whining brat this morning doesn't mean you can"-"Ella!" her mother interrupted. For the rest of her breakfast it was very silent. It was apparent that none of them were in a good mood.

Ella had to walk to school every morning because her mom had to drop her brother to school. She always envied that he got to ride in the car, even though his school was closer. When she arrived at school, she saw her friends, Rebecca, Danielle, and Bryan. Rebecca was running for Student Body President so she was asking us to help put up posters. When they were all putting up posters, she heard a voice come out of the janitor's closet saying, "Do not talk to the Ouija board! It will take you away!" Ella started to move towards the janitors closet and said, "Your voice sounds so familiar." The person in the janitor's closet said, "You have a very keen memory! Just like your mother." "Grandma?!" Ella screamed. She then replied, "Yes, but please be quiet I don't want them to find me again." Ella said, "Wait. Who is them, what do they want from you? "Help!" her grandmother exclaimed, followed by a long scream. Ella busted down the door and screamed, "Grandma!" But nobody was there.

Ella was very scared. Her mother told her that her grandmother was taken by the spirits. So, Ella thought to herself. She was sure that "they" are the spirits. She is locked up somewhere in the underworld.

Ella went on with her day, and tried to forget about the situation because she thought it was her guilt playing a trick on her so she doesn't use the Ouija board. In the courtyard at lunch, she talked to her friends about skipping school and coming to her house to use the board. Bryan and Danielle were really excited to go but, Rebecca had other plans. She said, "I need to post more campaign posters. Besides, I am running for Student Body President, I can't have any absents. Especially if someone finds out." "Suit yourself!" said Ella. "I'll text you the details tonight guys!" said Ella as she walked back into the school.

Ella went to Mr. Starwright's room to talk to him about using a Ouija board. He always talks about spiritual stuff like that. When Ella told him that she was going to use a Ouija board, he immediately focused all of his attention to Ella. He said, "Listen to me. You need to follow the instructions! If you do not, you will be trapped in the underworld for eternity!" "Well, no pressure then?" Ella said as she let out a sigh. "No, I am serious Ella. No funny business!" said Mr. Starwright. "Okay thanks," said Ella.

Ella went to the rest of her classes during the day. But one was very peculiar. She had a substitute teacher, Mrs. Persephone. Ella found it odd that the same day she thought she was talking to her grandmother's ghost, she had a teacher with the name Persephone. But, Ella thought she was over thinking the whole situation, she thought it was simply a coincidence. During class, Mrs. Persephone was constantly staring at Ella. Ella started hearing voices in her head saying, "Don't use the Ouija board. It's me, Mrs. Persephone." Once again, Ella blamed the voices on her guilty subconscious.

After class, she was on her way home, and she saw Mrs. Persephone driving by, and they were both staring at each other. As her 1988 Lincoln passed, Ella noticed her peculiar license plate "NO2OUIJA." After Ella took a hard blink it changed to "ILUV2DANCE" Ella went home, and looked up what it means when you see and hear things that aren't there. She later realized that it wasn't the best idea to continue with the Ouija board. But, Ella decided not to cancel her plans with her friends.

When Ella got home, her mom had the usual take-out dinner from KFC. Ella took her food and went upstairs. She knew that her brother was bound to pull a tantrum and she was not in the mood for listening to that. She decided to go on her computer and look at stories of people using a Ouija board. She saw many disturbing stories but she just thought that that was the worst that could happen and probably wouldn't happen to her.

Before Ella went to bed that night, she decided to have everything ready for the next day. She put the Ouija board in an open space in her attic. She put candles and a lighter around it so when her friends got there, they could start right away. She also made sure that she had a backup plan in case her mom came home early. She had a convenient bag that she was going to put everything in. The second part was stupid, she was going to hide. What kind of person will not hear three people breathing. But, at least there was a plan.

In the morning, when Ella woke up, got dressed, and pretended to leave the house. After her mom and brother left, she made sure that they didn't forget anything they would need to come back for, and called her friends. As soon as she called her friends she could hear them running to her house.

When Danielle and Bryan arrived at the house, they were all ecstatic too get started with the Ouija board. They all went into Ella's attic and took their seats. Danielle wanted to start immediately. But, Bryan stopped her, he said that he wants to read the rules first. So, Ella looked up all of the rules, scrolled through them, barely even glancing half of the rules. Then she said, "Alright, happy now?" Bryan asked Ella if there were any rules that he needed to know and she said, "Not really it's whatever just don't ask it personal questions or the day you die, blah blah blah." Bryan was unsure about the rules and started to get nervous but Danielle said, "Bryan! Come on, stop being such a pussy!" Bryan was sure all of the fear was just in his head so he gave up and let Danielle and Ella start. "Thank you." Danielle said. "You know you can trust me right? We have been best friends since kindergarten." Bryan looked at her and gave her a smile. Then they began...