Chapter 1- 'Status: Feeling sick'

Since I'm entering this book in the #DPwritingcontest, I would like to dedicate this to DipStick45

Marinette's POV

It's a start of a new day and here I am in my bedroom preparing for school and what to come in the future. It has been a few days since I haven't fought with any of Hawkmoth's akumatized victims. People are getting positive nowadays and negativity seems to be decreasing.

I picked up my backpack and went downstairs to the bakery where mom and dad are busy with the customers. It is a Monday morning and people usually come here early to pick up their orders of bread and cookies since Mondays are usually known as the busy days of school or work.

I kissed my mom and dad, and bid them goodbye. I went outside of the busy bakery and I breathe for some fresh air. Breathing fresh air makes me calm and I really feel like I need it at this moment for I still feel restless from the last battle I had from an akumatized victim which is a doll maker. Her name is Voodoo Doll and she has the powers to turn people into small dolls.

I headed for school and as I got there, I sighed in relief, knowing that I'm not late. I am actually early. I immediately went to the classroom and I only saw Alya. The others are not here yet. I sat on my seat, placed the bag beside me, and I began talking to her. "Hey Alya. Good morning." I said as I greeted the brunette. "Hey Mari." She  replied while giving me a warm smile before she went back on doing something in her phone. I began doing something in my phone too as I look at some pictures of Adrien.

More students came as minutes passed by. The teacher even came but I feel like something, or should I say someone is missing. Adrien! Where is Adrien?

As the class was ongoing, I couldn't help but feel worried. He was never absent before, except on his first day of school where I fought Stoneheart along with Chat Noir. This means that something must have happened to him.

As the teacher was giving us the homeworks, I've began to think of what should I do. After a minute or two, a lightbulb flashed in my head which means I got an Idea. I know that this is so unlike me but I will visit him later.

₪₪₪

I am now at my house, specifically the kitchen. I am baking him my mom's recipe of chocolate chip cookies. As I was putting the white chocolate chips on the cake batter, I began to think about Adrien. I remembered the time when we practiced here for that game tournament, his face was so adorable when mom and dad brought him up some chocolate chip cookies.

After I had baked the cookies, I put them on a zip-lock plastic bag and put it inside a paper bag. I left the house and headed straight to his house.

As I got to the front door, I rang the doorbell and a small camera appeared as a voice spoke through the speaker. "Hmm... what are you doing here?" The voice asked. Since it was a feminine voice, I'm assuming that it's the assistant of Adrien's dad.

I smiled sheepishly as I chuckled nervously. "Uh, hi. I'm Marinette, a friend of Adrien. And I was wondering if I could c-come in to see... him. I was worried of him being absent."

The speaker was silent for a moment until the voice had spoken again. "Come in." She said as the gate was opened by Adrien's bodyguard. My sheepish smile remained on my face as I've entered his house. But as I got there, I met his dad's assistant. "Adrien is upstairs. He's sick that's why he's absent." The assistant said. I bowed my head to her and I quickly went upstairs.

As I got in front of his room door, I breathe in. This is actually my first time to be in his house as Marinette but I've been here when I fought with 'superliar'.

I opened the door and I turned around, only seeing Adrien, who was sick and white sheets are draped over him. A wave of worry came across me the moment I saw him. I sat on the beside him on the bed and placed the bag in the bedside table. I looked at him and he's really in a bad state now. He's looking pale.

"Hey Adrien. It's me, Marinette. I came here since I w-was really...  worried about you being absent." I stuttered as he groaned weakly. "Hey Marinette. I'm okay, don't worry." He said as he tried to sit up but I stopped him. "Just lay down. You're still not feeling well. Anyways, I brought a bag of cookies." I said as Adrien's face lit up. "Can I have?" He said, eager to taste the cookies.

I chuckled as I opened the bag, giving him a cookie. His face was full of delight as he munch on it. "So yummy." He said, sounding like a little kid.

As he ate it, I touched his forehead to check his temperature. It was so hot. He has a fever. "Adrien, Stay here. I'll just get something." I said before I rushed out of the room heading to the kitchen.

As I got there, Adrien's personal chef looked at me strangely. Maybe because of the fact that I'm a stranger to him and I don't really go here. "Don't worry. I'm a friend of Adrien." I said as I smiled. He smiled back as I looked around for some cloth and a basin. I looked at the chef and I asked him. "Uh hey, do you know where the cloth and the basin are?"

Instead of him giving me directions of where it is, he gave it to me. I bowed my head down to him. "Thank you." I said, put the water on the basin and went back upstairs.

As I got back, Adrien was already asleep in his bed. I sighed and sat beside him as I placed the basin on his bedside table. I made the cloth soak in the water and put it in Adrien's forehead. After that, I decided that I should leave before he wakes up.

I stood up and gasped as I felt a hand grabbing my wrist. I looked at Adrien and Smiled as I heard him taking in his sleep. "Mari, plaese don't go."

I chuckled amd gently removed his hand from my wrist and placed it softly in the bed. I sat beside him and watch him sleep.