I

"I'll be there" I reply through the phone with a grin.
"Can't wait!" Brendon chirped. "God I can't wait to see you..It feels like forever."
"I knoooow Brendon, stop drooling over me" I sarcastically whine.
He chuckles. "Glad to HEAR you haven't changed a bit"
"Nope. And I hope you haven't either, you cocky rockstar you" I tease.
"Awh fuck off" Brendon laughed. "I'm being called right now, but I'll see you very soon"
"Break a leg Beebs!" I say, bringing back the old nickname.
"I hope to" I could almost hear his smile through the phone "Love ya Val."
"Love you too" I sang as we both disconnected.
      I fell back on my bed out of pure joy. I couldn't believe that I was FINALLY seeing my best friend after what seemed to be 2 very long years. We met in high school, and not being the real popular kids, we just sorta clicked my Freshman year and his Junior year. After school, we went and got Big Gulps at the 7/11 around the block and hung out at either of our places and did homework and just have a good time. We both loved music and used to write little songs and orchestrations together, which I'm pretty sure I still have. After his senior years, he decided to focus on his music and not go to college. I was there with him until it was time for me to spread my wings and fly. He started a very successful band and I've always been so supportive of it. We still managed to stay in touch during all of this time. We text and hang out whenever we get a chance. I've just been in Italy for the past 2 years and I haven't seen Brendon since Sarah broke up with him, which I was there for him every step of the way.
     Anyways, tonight is Brendon's final stop on his tour: Vegas!! Our hometown! We have been planning this for a few months and I cannot wait to see him again!
     My ride would be here around 6, so I decide to start getting ready. I put on one of my favorite outfits: a denim jacket with an olive green long sleeved dress underneath. I slip on my favorite pair of black booties and brush my wavy, light brown hair, letting it fall down my back.
     As I'm brushing my hair, thoughts flooded my mind. What if Brendon thinks I really have changed? Will things be awkward between us? What will we even talk about?
     My thoughts were interrupted when my phone buzzed on the counter next to me:
Meghan: I'm here! Come down!
     I swing my purse over my shoulder and head down to my apartment complex's lobby to meet my friend Meghan, one of my friends from college. I slide into her car parked on the curb.
"Hey girl!" She joyfully greeted me. "You excited?".
"Hell yeah I am!" I exclaimed while buckling my seat belt
"So" she started while backing up the car. "Tell me how on earth you know Brendon Urie again?"
I giggled. "I thought I told you a thousand times!"
"Just making sure that your story is real and not just a ploy to get backstage" she winked.
"Funny" I snort. "But yeah, we were best friends in high school, and I haven't seen him since I left for Italy."
"And you still stayed in touch?"
I nodded.
"Geez, you too must really love each other"
"Eh I guess" I smirk.
-------------------------

     We arrive at the venue in no time. Meghan and I meet a couple of our other friends and find our seats. They decide to order stuff from the bar but I wasn't really in the mood to drink at the moment. Instead, I just got lost in thought again, trying to imagine what it will be like after the show when I see Brendon again. Will he notice me right away? What if he is too busy and will shoot down our plans afterword?
     "Hellooooo" my thoughts were interrupted yet again with Meghan waving a hand over my face.
     "Yeah huh?" I ask attempting to snap out of the trance I was in.
     "Are you good? Are you sure you don't want a drink?"
     "No really I'm fine. Just thinking." The lights in the venue shut off, followed by a loud roar from the crowd. Thank goodness. Now to just have a good time.
-------------

     The concert was absolutely incredible, especially Bren. He had always had such a presence onstage and it was amazing to see him living his dream.
     After the show, my friends and I parted ways and I followed Brendon's instructions to the backstage arena that he had texted me the night before.
     As I arrive at the stagedoor, a guard was standing there with a list...assuming the guest list. Brendon had told me that he put me on it, but I wanted to check just to make sure.
   I approached the guard. "Hello! Valentina Diaz?" I asked. He carefully read the names on the list and checked one off. "Gotcha" he chirped. "I.D?". I pulled out my I.D from my wallet. He studied it briefly and then opened the door for me. "You're all set Miss Diaz. Brendon is just around the corner."