Dance With Me (Ongoing)

• Dedicated to JFk B. Tayag

    He’s the son of Mignonette Sachs and Willard Smith, which was known all over the world as “Royalties of Opera and Ballet”. He doesn’t care of having a title, all he wants is someone to share his life with. Someone like an angel, who could that be?

Gerard Keifer Smith and his Troup, the “Soul Trappers” are on their way to London to join the world’s Dance cup tournament. They are explicit dancers performing different moves like hip hop and break dances that amaze everyone in their hometown, Arizona including the President himself as they performed a tremendous hip hop dance in his inauguration in the past year. They practiced hardly many months before this worldwide competition. Confident enough, they’re almost ready to beat all the contenders around the globe. There’s one thing that’s been bothering Gerard after all these years, he feels like even if he has it all ----- fame, talent, wealth, looks; he is still looking for one thing --------- his princess, whom he would share his love and dance with her under the illuminating moon with a soft melodic song. Among all the dancers, he’s the only one who believes that dancing without a partner isn’t dancing at all. For him, having a partner is the most beautiful thing. 

   Monday morning, he woke up weary and started packing his things and letting one of his assitants check his schedules. He only plans to bring one suitcase enough for his clothes, costumes and stuff (which is actually almost half his closet). You see, he's a grown-up man with great decency. Unlike the rest of the crew, he is the most well-bred, disciplined and educated... no wonder girls would kill to get him. But unfortunately, no one has ever succeeded. 

   Hours later, he finished packing and rushed to the phone. He tried to call his parents who, at the same time were out of the country for another astounding world-class performance. But he's not happy about that, because he knows they would never agree about him loving this "hip-hop thingy". They want him to follow their trails and be the next classical opera sensation (which he thinks is way too gay). He called them for almost one hour but still no answer. So, he smiled and put the phone down and ordered his secretary to move their flight schedule to an earlier time. He insisted that there's nothing he could do to please his parents and for that, he just gave up.

   It was pass 3:30 in the afternoon when his secretary called that the flight schedule has been moved earlier, and that they would go by 4:00 in the morning the next day. So, he agreed but inside, another boring night in their lonely house with nothing but their maids, valet, chaffeur and bunch of animals that his father had raised makes him more eager to go. But he has no other choice but to wait for hours.

   That night, he just sat down on the sofa, lingering with nothing but a shot of warm tequila and a hot steak and cobbler, feeling the cold breeze and staring at a dark patch in the northern skies. He felt a sudden chill all over his body and the heat in his flesh is boiling with excitement and anticipation. At that exact moment, he remembered a girl five years ago. He passionately bit his rosy lips as if he was biting with pleasure as he imagined that hazel eyes, kissable lips, long and black hair, and vase-like body of that young ballerina in California. He longed to meet that almost-perfect dame. It was five years ago. Five years when he is nothing but a useless, skinny, boring wimp and all he could do is to run and cry. He could never forget that time of his life and how he vowed to himself that no one can ever step on him. Then, he whispered to himself, "they will be sorry", with a furious smile. He stood up and reached his laptop. He played a classical song he used to hear at the girl's rehearsal five years ago. Without any doubt, he showed a big luscious smile as if he was staring at someone and said, "dance with me". It took 10 minutes when the music stopped. He paused for a minute and sat down sipping the last of the tequila. By that time, he felt dizzy enough to stand up so he lay on the sofa and tried to drift off.

Just before closing his eyes, a tall, dark and slender man came in front of him with a big smile. It was his brother, Sam who was once a dancer but decided to take the path of Journalism. Their parents never agreed but Sam's the type of guy who doesn't listen on other people's discouragements. Well, as expected, they spent the rest of the night drinking and talking. For Gerard his brother was his only refuge. He was his protector. He could hardly enjoy life if his brother is not with him. You see, they were the closest of friends. They never grew up having fun with their parents; instead they would go to a camping every summer with their uncle, Rodrick who happened to be a writer. For them, uncle Rodrick was like their dad  more than their real father. And though Mr. and Mrs. Smith gave everything they need, they never gave the most importnant of all ----- time and attention.

Many years ago, Gerard studied in Eton College ---- a British independent boarding school for pupils aged between 13 to 18 years. It's a large boys' school with over 1,300 pupils and was founded by King Henry VI in 1440 as "The King's College of our Lady of Eton besides Wyndsor". Gerard's parents were very proud of sending him there considering the fact that many of the royal families graduated there like Prince Charles' himself. It is one of the most expensive boarding school in the world but Gerard never cared at all. He was happy at his old school, Larchmont Charter School. He always wanted to continue his middle school there but his parents insisted him to be at Eton. He could never disagree. 

"You should be in a great school. And besides, I am Mignonette Sachs, I graduated there as an outsanding student, your father is known there... you're lucky." His mom always reminds him of how fortunate he is. And yes, he is indeed unfortunately fortunate. To say the least, he is the luckiest bastard in the world. He never really liked the idea of being unbelievably famous. The strangling pressure of being on a pedestal drives him out of sanity.