Others can inspire one to do right.

In the spring on a warm, yet cool Thursday morning a young fawn walked slowly up to a tall cherry tree to get some of the red cherries from off of the tree's newly grown leaves.

Before she could get to the sweet cherries a rusty voice had called out to her, "Hello, young one who has found the sweetest, cherry tree in the Forest." The young deer flicked her right ear at the raspy voice that was now growing louder as the creature started to show himself to the young deer.

Her attention was quickly drawn to him as he appeared over a large rock that was shrouded in the rays of the sun's light. The creature reached to the top of the rock and looked at the young fawn who was curiously watching.

The young deer soon realized that the creature was an old turtle with a small black hat and small black cane. The turtle looked at the wild cherry tree and said to the young deer, "Could you give me a cherry from the cherry tree, please?" The fawn nodded, but added to her reply.

"I will, but only if you will give me some guidance first, for I have been wrong in judgement lately and maybe you could help me." The turtle agreed with the fawn and he told her some words of wisdom "It's better to be approximately right then to be precisely wrong."

The fawn cocked her head a little bit as to show that she was confused by the old turtle's words. The old turtle smiled at the young deer's confusion. "Young one, do you understand what I have told you?" The young fawn looked up at the old turtle as he sat in the warm rays of the sun that rested upon a large rock underneath the tall cherry tree.

The fawn shook her head and said "No." The old turtle replied with a long deep breath and continued to talk. "It just means that it's better to be right in what you do, or say, than to be wrong without any facts to support your words and actions." The fawn smiled and slowly arose from where she had sat to listen to the old turtle's words.

The fawn thanked the old turtle and then she reached up to the tall cherry tree and took some of the cherries and gave them to the old turtle as she had promised him in return for the words that he had provided. The deer grabbed herself some of the cherries and slowly walked away from the old turtle. The turtle waved the fawn goodbye and slowly ate the cherries in the sunlight.

She then started to walk back to her den in the trees and brushes to sit and eat the sweet cherries. As she walked towards her den a small fox appeared before her.

At first she was scared but she remembered the old turtle's words. She studied the fox and noticed that it seemed hungry. So she set the cherries down on the ground and waited for the young fox to take them.

The young fox smelled the sweet cherries and greedily ate them. The fawn was glad that the fox ate the cherries. Then she headed for her den again. The young fox followed her.

The young fox was now grateful for the deer and wanted to thank her, by giving her some of his luck for he had been very lucky in his life so far.

The fawn entered her den and sat down to take her afternoon nap. The fox followed her inside the den and cuddled up next to the warm fawn for warmth and comfort.

The young fawn was glad that she didn't judge the fox right away for his appearance inside she wanted to see who he was.

The End