Bigger - ( kid! ASL x teen! Reader )

" nee, sabo? "

" what is it, luffy? "

" why is (name)'s chest bigger than mine? "

silence cricketed in the room the two small boys found themselves in for a pair of seconds, before the blonde top-hatted one turned with a wordless gaze at the strawhatted toddler, lips agape in surprise and a light dust of pink coloring his cheeks. a much familiar freckled one also in turn, swifting his gaze very unamused and also a scarlet tone painting his cheeks as his brows curled in annoyance at the bluntness of the question. why did Luffy always come up with the most nonsensical or even embarrassing ideas?!

but even worse, how would he explain that to Luffy, a person who wouldn't catch half of what you would say in a phrase either due to disinterest or distraction? details weren't certainly his forte, and Sabo needed to think of a way to explain it in ...words he would understand.

no, even worse, why did it have to be (NAME) of all people?! even now, both the older siblings wouldn't easily accept the small crush they had on the teen who was older by a very short lapse of numbers...why not another woman for god's sake?! why not Dadan, for example?! why did Luffy have to point out the one girl they could not easily function around of! apart Makino, she was quite the patient and encouraging person and honestly who wouldn't like someone who had the guts to handle not only theirs but Luffy's antics?! even the guys on the village would want to take a hold of her once she turned older!

her boobs?

                 ...get those images out of your head, dammit!

clearing his throat loudly, a short lived cough releasing (hopefully) some stiffness and awkwardness he tried to be as simple as possible.

" that is because she's a girl. all girls  have that. the size is not always the same tho--"

" WHAT?! then, can they even turn bigger than that?! or smaller?! aren't they all the same size?! "

wouldn't his hat be there to bring comfort under its shade as the embarrassment filled up within the poor boy and the onslaught of flustering statements made by his much younger sibling, surely by now he would have wished to dig a hole and stay in it - much like Ace, who catching onto the logic of Luffy's phrases quickly landed a hit on his head out of flustering.

" OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! I JUST ASKED A QUESTION! "

" YOU CAN'T MAKE THOSE KINDS OF QUESTIONS, BAKA! "

" WHY NOT?! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHY ITS THAT BIG! "

a bad choice of words indeed, ...but the blonde boy beside him had an even worse idea in mind and only noting such once it got out of his mouth.

" do you even know what are those called as? "  it wouldn't be surprising from his part not to know it.

hands immediately covering his mouth, as the freckled one only allowed his hand to go straight to his face, sighing loudly in reprimand, whilst the younger sibling only let his head tilt to the side, staring at both of them utterly confused and in need of answers.

" ...nope. what do you call them, then? "

" ....bs . "

" huh? i can't hear you, Sabo. "

of course he couldn't. he whispered it so lowly it was almost inaudible. how could he say such words out loud, after all? it was embarrassing!

" ....boobs! or breasts, that's what you call them. you also have them but...women have them bigger because they might get...kids someday and need them to basically feed the babies with them...or so i read. "

of course i won't say the other reason i heard of and all adults seem to have, but...

as if on cue (Y/N) entered the room, carrying what one could assume was a small bag with goods from the local market, arriving from a journey to the town's center, a low tune hummed along the movement of her lips, hands depositing her bag atop a nearby counter. such bad timing.

there was no way she would not notice the troubled yet flustered expressions of the older siblings, avoiding looking you in the eyes, as Luffy was staring at you very defiantly.

" eh? why are you all looking at me like that? "

" nee, (name), can i see your boobs? "

" WHAT?! "

it was a child's plea but still, it was enough to color your cheeks vividly red - children were the most innocent, and knowing how Luffy was the particularly blunt and energetic one you knew he did not mean harm by the request, yet... what had prompted this? and for what reason was he asking for such? and also...

why were Ace and Sabo turning their eyes away from you and turning redder than tomatoes? were they the ones responsible for this commotion?!

Regaining a bit of composure, you just crouched before the strawhatted boy with a sheepish smile " N-nee, Luffy... why are you asking that? "

" Because Sabo said that girls' boobs are different, so i want to see how different they are! "

oh, so that is why...

"Sabo-kun. "

( GULP )

"  Would you mind enlightening me of the omitted details of this story? "

a set of hours after hearing out the embarrassing (and somewhat innuendo-ish) story behind Luffy's question from Sabo's mouth, you could not of course fathom the nerve to stay mad at them but you surely left them with a piece of your mind to next time avoid encouraging their younger sibling into such approaches. what if he had asked this to a random stranger in town? knowing Luffy he did not have any qualms to do so...

Note to self: never leave the kids alone for too much time...