Chapter 1: The introduction

Lauren Riihimaki

Do-It-Yourself specialist on YouTube who posts fashion advice videos to her popular channel LaurDIY. She also runs a blog by the same name

Before Fame

She started posting to YouTube in the spring of 2012 while in college.

She surpassed the 1 million subscriber milestone on YouTube in September of 2014. She now has over 5 million subscribers. She has been featured in Seventeen magazine on several occasions.

Family Life

She is of Japanese, Finnish, and Ukranian descent and is from Toronto, Canada. Her ex-boyfriend Baz appeared on her channel in challenge and tag videos. In 2015, she began a relationship with Alex Burriss , AKA Alex Wassabi.

Associated With

On October 13, 2013, she published a video called "Arianna Grande: Hair, Makeup & Outfit Tutorial!" She collaborated with Ben Brown on a video titled "ULTIMATE CANADA VS BRITAIN CHALLENGE!

Alex Burriss

Known by his internet persona Alex Wassabi, he runs the YouTube channel Wassabi productions. He has earned over 8 million subscribers to the channel.

   Before Fame

 He launched the Wassabi productions YouTube channel with his former comedy partner Roi Fabito.

He is a social media star on both Twitter and Vine, posting his first Vine video on May 1, 2013.

Family Life

He grew up in Lexington, Kentucky. His brothers Andrew and Aaron  also became popular web video stars. He also has a sister. In 2015, he began dating fellow YouTuber Lauren Riihimaki .