CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

chapter thirteen — pretty impressed
"I don't think you ever forget someone, they're always in the back of your head, whether you believe it or not." — unknown

———

EDITED: April 11th, 2021
Tessa's POV

      "FBI! OPEN UP!"

      I PREPARED myself for my first ever breakdown — I really didn't want to sound immature or anything, but excitement was bubbling throughout my veins and adrenaline was just as busing as well.

      Morgan, JJ, Spencer, and I were all heading to the front porch of an actually cute house, more of a farmhouse vibe to it. Morgan rose his heavily formed fist against the dark wooden door, almost making the door ricochet back and forth from the amount of force he was using.

      Hotch, Rossi, and Prentiss headed to the back of the house to make sure that there was no possibly exit for the woman to run.

      "Claire Ray, open up!" Morgan shouted, and I almost flinched myself from how threatening and demanding his voice seem to echo out. "This is your last warning!"

      I, listening to direct orders from Hotch and knowing not to dare disobey him on my first rundown, was standing directly behind JJ. The two women took on the left side of the door, our shoulders pressing against the cold brick wall, where as Moran and Spencer were on the right, just as prepared as the rest.

      I glanced from beyond JJ's shoulder, and my eyes darted towards Morgan's backing away body. He rose his knee upwards, and within a second, Morgan's muscles leg collided with the wooden door and just like that — the door collapsed forward and a large echoing sound bursted throughout the house when it slammed on the flooring.

With guns trained (well, not me), we all enter the home that belonged to Claire Ray — carefully checking the kitchen and living room. JJ and I go towards the kitchen, which was actually pretty wide, while Morgan and Spencer split into the living room.

We hear from a few feet away, "Clear!"

"Clear!" Then it was JJ and I's turn — where both of our small, feminine voices rung out with the same word at the same time.

The group of FBI agents spot a set of stairs that would lead to what they could only assume was a basement, and then stairs that go up to a second floor. Without any words, we exchange glances to know that JJ and I will take downstairs while the boys head upstairs. Still behind JJ, I carefully use both of my arms, one for the flashlight and the other, for the sleek, handgun JJ gave me.

"Clear!" We hear Morgan's strong voice ricochet throughout the entire house — even still being able to perfectly hear him from the basement.

"Cle—" JJ began, just barely peeling open her glossed over pink lips before getting cut off.

"—JJ!" I half yelled, half whispered — I could no longer feel her warm body beside mine anymore. I swing my flashlight throughout the dark space, my eyes carefully scanning the entire dimly lit area.

When my eyes finally laid on JJ, a wild breath of relief escaped my lungs, but when I recognize Claire Ray, with a long, thin knife wrapped tightly in her shaky hands against JJ's throat, my breathing hitched.