1~

"Yes, we're terribly sorry, Mr. Milers. Yes, we have found Faith. She is currently sitting at the police station. Okay, thank you ,sir." The woman then hung up the phone.
   "Faith, your father will be here soon." She turned around in her chair and smiled. I fake smiled back.
   Truth is, I was just walking to the store and my dad freaked out. He's probably drunk again. He has always been a druggie, but when Mom died, it got worse.
   I miss her. She was always my best friend. I suddenly snapped out of it.  I watched as my dad's green pickup truck pulled up. "Kill me now." I sighed, walking to his truck.
   "Get it the back." He growled. I rolled my eyes. "Are you even sober enough to walk?" I asked. No answer.
   Soon, we were home. "Get to your room, now. You have school tomorrow." I obeyed and walked up to my room.
  I plopped down in my bed and my phone went off.
  It was London.
L:  hey there weirdo
F: I hate him.
L:need to talk?
F:yep.
F:your house?
L:come on over :)
   How am I going to ask him? I won't. I packed my clothes for tomorrow. I'd come back then. In my bags I put: phone, charger, hairbrush/essentials, and my clothes. I looked at the clock, 10pm.
   I grabbed my keys and opened the door. Dad was asleep with beer cans all over hm. Carefully, I placed the note on his stomach and left.
   At least for the night, I am free.
I started for her house. It was only about 7 minutes away on foot.
   I knocked on the door loudly. "Sh, my mom's asleep, idiot." London laughed. I hugged her tightly and walked up to her room.
   She plopped on the bed. "Stop pacing and sit down." I agreed and sat down next to her. "My dad is gonna get me killed." I began. "Im tired of him. He's never sober. I miss mom. If he ever lays his hands on me again, im leaving for good." London nodded.
   "I'll come with you. After all, we are 14. We could get an apartment or something." I laughed. "Im tired as hell, goodnight." I smiled and laid down in the bed next to her.