Prologue

Update day is Saturday! 

*Seto's P.O.V*
I look around, smiling when my eyes connect with hers. She smiles back. I take a few steps towards her, feeling the tall grass brushing against my legs and on the bottom of my feet. Then I spot the rest of my friends. I look at them and than back at her. I reach my hand out to her wanting her to take it.

"Can I come home?" I ask her. She chuckles.

"What kind of question is that?" She asks. I lose my smile. "We are already home, Seto. But...why didn't you come back to us?" My eyes widen a little. 

A loud banging noise wakes me up, almost making me fall off the tattered mattress that lays on the floor I call my bed. I open my eyes, hearing a scrapping sound and I push myself to sit up and my eyes lay on a tray that is at the foot of my door. My room is small, it's small enough for me actually. I never really liked to have big rooms, but I at least have a mattress with a pillow and a torn blanket to use, a small dresser with nothing in it since I don't really have anything to put in it, a small mirror that is standing on the dresser and a rug to cover the cold stone floor. I get off my bed and grab the tray, dragging it over to me. I sit on the rug since the floor is freezing cold again.

"You have 20 minutes, Seto! The master has a job for you and would rather not wait!" A loud voice said outside my door.

"O-Okay." I said back before I hear their footsteps leave. I start eating what's on the tray, which doesn't taste very good but it's the only meal I get for today and tomorrow. I grab the piece of bread and I hide it in the dresser for later. I look at the mirror and frown. I lick my fingers and try to comb my messy chestnut brown hair best I can so it doesn't stick up, but it's hard. I bite my bottom lip when I see that my hair touching my shoulders again. I got dirt on my face and wherever you can see my tanned skin, a ripped up white t-shirt, dirty black pants, and dark brown eyes. And not to forget the fact what marks me what I am, a thick metal brace on each of my ankles that us connected together with a chain that leaves bruises on my ankles. Since they are there, that also means no shoes or socks for me at all. I take a few steps back and sit down on the mattress. I grab the chain and pull on it a little, if it wasn't for this damn thing....My door opens suddenly and I flinch feeling someone grab my arm and pull me out and into the hall making me fall face first into the hardwood floor. I yelp in pain and than my door is pulled shut.

"Get up!" They yelled. Fear manifests through me when I recognize the voice. It's Aiden. Aiden is a big, strong, scary man who follows everything that my master says. Aiden grabs my arm. I quickly get my feet under me as he yanks me upright. I meet his brown eyes with mine. "Master Solace wants you immediately." He lets go of my arm and I take a step away from him, letting my eyes hit the floor. Aiden than walks away from me. I look at my room. Aiden isn't known for patience. I walk down the hallway and up some steps to get to the ground floor since my room is underground because how dare guests be able to see where the slave sleeps. When I make it, it's quiet and dark outside. Or rather, the sun is just coming up and I can hear my chains scrapping against the floor. I'll get in trouble if I wake anyone up. I walk along the wall.

My master is a rich lord. Lord Brice Solace. He um...He isn't the nicest person...I'm just happy he at least lets me have a room and a mattress. I've been stuck with way worst masters than Brice. I see torch light coming from the library. I pull the door open and I him sitting at a table, reading. I take a few steps and I trip over the chain and fall face first into the hardwood flooring. I yelp in pain and Brice laughs.

"Man...you are such an idiot, Seto." Brice said. I grab a chair and pull myself up.

"I-I'm so-sorry, m-master." I stuttered. He shuts his book up one hand making me flinch and he looks at me. I look away.

"I'm having a party, Seto. And I need you to pick up something in town for me." Brice said. I stay quiet as he gets up. I know better than to say anything or move. He tosses the book at me and I catch it, almost falling over again while doing so.

"C-Can I-I--"

"No, Seto." Brice snaps making me flinch and look away from him. The door opens and I hear a girl groaning come in. My eyes flicker to his girlfriend and I look away instantly.

"Oohhh it's you." She said to me. I say nothing. I remember what happened last time I did anything with my master's girls, and I only ever talked to them and got punished because of it. "You need a haircut, Seto."

"I know he does." Brice said. My eyes move up to Brice who is looking at me. "He needs everything fixed, but he's too busy doing my errands. Why are you still here?!" I take a step back looking down at the floor.

"Y-You didn't t-t-tell me w-wh-what to g-g-get, m-master." I stuttered. The girl sighs irritated.

"The idiot still can't speak right I see. I'll be somewhere else, Brice." She said before she leaves. I can't help my stutter, I can't. It happens on its own. I hold the book tighter against my chest and look at Brice.

"Seto." He said looking and sounding mad. My eyes drop to the floor. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" I look at him.

"I-I'm s-sorry." I stuttered. He moves around the table and in front of me, I can feel my feet wanting to move back but than he'll take that as disrespect and hit me again and I don't want to be hit again. But I see him raise his hand up to me and I look at it and than at his eyes as my legs start to shake. He is gonna hit me!

"I'm sorry what, Seto? Who am I to you, Seto?" He asks.

"I-I'm s-s-so-sorry, m-ma-master." I stuttered. He lowers his hand making me feel a little bit calmer.

"Good. And I ordered you to fix that damn stutter." He said. I grip the book a little feeling small and insufficient as he stares down at me with his raged filled eyes.

"I-I c-ca-can't h-he-help i-it, m-ma-master." I stuttered. He balls his fists and than hits me, knocking me off my feet and onto the floor. I yelp and groan in pain. I put my hand on my cheek, my jaw feeling stiff and painful. I sit up on my knees and I look up at Brice.

"Put the book away, Seto. And than I want you to head down to Veronica to pick up my order. And if one thing is wrong, than you'll be punished again." Brice ordered before he left. I look down at the floor feel painful tears form on my eyes. That hurt, a lot. I wipe my eyes and I grab the book, picking it off the ground. But someone grabs it out of my hands.

"I'll put it away since you probably can't read, cockroach." Someone said. I flinch and they walk pass me and into the shelves. I pull myself up to my feet.

"I-I ca-can read." I said quietly. I turn around and walk out to go do what Brice wanted.