I'm Going to Hogwarts!

Remus could not believe his eyes as he pore over the letter that was delivered to him by a tawny owl this morning. The letter bearing the seal of Hogwarts was addressed to him.

Remus reread the letter again.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Lupin,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress

Well his father sent the return owl alright. But it was addressed to the current Headmaster of the school, Albus Dumbledore. For the acceptance letter is some sort of a miracle for Remus. He thought it was impossible. That he would never set foot in that magical school. But it came, just as he was thinking enviously of the eleven year olds that would receive their letters this year.

He was accepted. Even though he has a condition that would make most witches and wizard fear him. You see, Remus Lupin is a werewolf.

He was bitten by a werewolf when he was just five. His father came on the bad side of a werewolf named Greyback and he, Remus, paid for it. He was bitten one full moon and was never normal since then.

Every month on the night of full moon, Remus would go to an old house well away from people where he would undergo the painful process of transformation. He would stay there until the full moon wanes so as not to inflict harm on anyone.

And now, he was a month away from setting foot in Hogwarts.

"They don't know about your condition though" a voice on his head said

"But what if, they still want me even though I'm like this?" Remus said while looking at his reflection on the mirror.

At eleven, Remus looks a little older than his age. And as the full moon was just two days ago, he had a tired look and had scratches on his arms from biting.

"Don't be a fool, what normal wizard would want a werewolf on his school?" said the voice again.

Remus sighed and went to lie on his bed. Yeah. He thought. No one on their sane mind would want a werewolf attending his school.

"Remus!" his mother's voice came from downstairs. "Will you come in here a moment?"

"Coming Mum!" Remus called out and with a heavy feeling, he stood up and went downstairs.

On the last landing of the stair, he saw to his surprise a wizard with long hair and beard standing in their house sitting area. He was wearing a magenta robe that fell long to the ground and has an intelligent look on him.

"Ah good afternoon, you are Remus Lupin I take it?" the man said. "My name is Albus Dumbledore" he added with a polite nod.

Remus stared awestruck at the great wizard "please to meet you sir" he said covering the last step of the stair and walking towards his parents.