Alive

Ben remembers it all.

The blinding lights
The screeching of car tyres
His sisters screams
The blood pouring out of his mum
The sirens
The policeman telling him that everything was going to be okay
His dad coming to pick him up
The words "I'm sorry Ben but Jasmine's dead and so is your mum"

His mum and sister are dead and have been for over 10 years.

Ben's POV

I wake up suddenly to the sound of my ringtone. I pick it up as quick as I can hoping that it hasn't woken anyone else.

"Hello" I groan tiredly

"Hello is this Mr Ben Mitchell?" A woman asks

"Yes. Can I ask who you are?" I ask confused. It's definitely not a voice I recognise.

"My names Evelyn, i'm a nurse at The Royal London Hospital" she informs me.

A nurse. Why on earth is a nurse phoning me at 3 in the morning.

"I'm calling to inform you that your sister has been admitted to hospital following an epileptic fit"

My mouth widens in shock and my phone falls from my hand as it goes completely numb.

"Louise!" I shout running from my bedroom. I don't care who I wake up at this point. If my sister has been hurt then I want to know about it. I never even heard an ambulance.

"Ben its three in the morning what do you want?" Louise asks tiredly as she emerges from her room.

I just stare at her for a few seconds trying to process everything. If Louise is here then who's at the hospital.

"Ben are you okay?" Sharon asks

I slowly walk back into my room and hesitantly pick up the phone.

"Are you still there?" I ask

"Yes" she replies

"What's this girls name?" I ask. It must be a mistake. Louise is my only sister and unless i'm seeing things she is definitely not in hospital.

"Jasmine Mitchell"