Fairy Magic

A collection of Fairly Oddparents short stories.

Fairy Magic

Wish 01: Inverted Mirror

"Give up, there is no way you could win!" Anti-Cosmo was feeling victorious. Cosmo was now a green snail, desperately trying to reach his wand, which lay on the floor a few feet away. But to such a small and slow snail, it looked as if the wand was miles away. Anti-Cosmo was tired of being Cosmo's shadow.

Everything that Cosmo did he did the opposite, yet at the same time he, mirrored his actions. When Cosmo married Wanda fate would have it, and so would Da Rules, that Anti-Cosmo would marry Anti-Wanda. He was never one bit happy about that, but he had no choice.

Filled with anger and frustration over the happenings of many years without a true Friday 13th celebration, today Anti-Cosmo had enough. He blamed Cosmo for everything. Sure it was because of Cosmo's incurable yet amusing idiocy that he was smart, nearly a genius, but Cosmo's presence took away more than it gave. Anti-Cosmo was still a shadow, an inverted mirror of Cosmo. The fairy was in control of the anti-fairy in an indirect way. What one gained, the other lost. This battle would end it all.

Just as Anti-Cosmo was about to claim his victory, a flash of golden light stuck. "Wanda!" Timmy had been tied in chains and hung from the lamp in the center of the living room. A few feet below was a tank filled with sharks, much larger than the space that the relatively small tank allowed, but they were there and they were ferocious.

The house was nearly in ruins. It looked as if a hurricane had a wild party in the Turner residence. Vicky was no where to be found, Timmy was too old for a babysitter, but still young enough to keep his fairies. This also meant that whatever damage came to the house would be his responsibility. The inside of the house was an opposing mirror of the bright cheerful outside, an irony that reflected Anti-Cosmo's life. All the items in the house were broken, from bases to family portraits, the TV, the furniture everything. The paint had fallen off the walls as if a thousand years had passed. It was a disaster zone.

The golden light had taken Anti-Cosmo by surprise. Cosmo, the snail, had almost reached his wand when his counterpart managed to get up and kicked it away. "That magic was surprisingly strong for just one fairy." Anti-Cosmo floated a few feet above the floor once more, as he turned to face Wanda. But she was not by herself. "Anti-Wanda?" Did she help Wanda? How could she do this?

"You... You're mean," Anti-Wanda looked as if she had to give it quite a lot of thought to come to that conclusion.

"I thought you were too stupid to be a traitor," Anti-Cosmo was bitter.

Where Wanda would be by Cosmo's side at all times and vice-versa, Anti-Wanda would not be that way. She was a shadow, an opposite, just like him. It might have taken a while for her to figure out that she was upset despite her constantly cheerful personality, but she had finally done it.

"Then again, maybe you are more of an idiot than I thought." Enraged, Anti-Cosmo aimed his magic wand at Wanda and Anti-Wanda, who prepared to receive the hit and counter. But at the last second, he shot a magical beam at Timmy. The shark tank disappeared and instead Timmy almost fell into a crack that opened in the living room floor with fire burning below.

The boy stretched as much as he could to keep himself from falling by pushing his head and feet against the two sides of the fiery abyss. He still had the hot chains immobilizing his body and keeping his arms trapped. "Help!" Timmy turned his head slightly, careful not to slip into the fire and saw something poof into existence above, it was a ladder. Then he saw thirteen black cats jumping above him from one side to the other, technically crossing his path.