Intro

Mermaids and mermen have ruled the underwater world for the past few centuries. Humans found out about them a couple years ago. They breathe like fish do; no need to come up for air. When spotted, they were always asked if their father is like the one of that in The Little Mermaid and the response is no. This isn't a cartoon world, it's live action.

The mermaids and mermen are at peace with each other. Their gorgeous fins that range from any color of the rainbow, to their beautiful and soft skin. It is a choice to get their skinned tatted, and most of the mermen do so. It is very rare for a mermaid to, but there are a few. They are known to be the most beautiful creatures to man.

And also the most valuable.

Mer-hunting is well known throughout the seas and all around the world. No one knows why, but one day, long ago, a fisherman had caught and killed a mermaid, and ended up selling it, and he became very rich off of doing so. 

Repeatedly.

That's when the mer-people started to go into a frenzy. The population started decreasing rapidly as mer-hunting became more popular. Now, every mermaid or merman is absolutely terrified to go to the surface.

Except for one, and his name is Zayn.

Zayn became a part of the underwater world twenty four years ago, and he is loving life right now. He feels so free and has plenty of friends in his underwater world. There is nowhere else he'd rather be.

When the mer-hunting was first heard of in the underwater world, Zayn's mother went crazy. She told him and his sisters that they were no allowed to go to the surface ever again. The girls were okay with that, but Zayn was not.

His favorite thing to do, besides sleep, was to go to the surface and get fresh air. Sometimes, he felt as if the water would be suffocating him, so he would swim up to the surface to feel the sun kiss his skin and listen to the above water world where he at some points yearned to be.

Zayn wasn't scared of humans. He knew how to fight them off. He had the advantage of being a really good swimmer and having a powerful tail. One swipe of his tail to the head, and the human would for sure be knocked out.

One day, Zayn was swimming his way up to the surface. He had snuck out of his home, which is what he does every day. If his mother found out about this, he would be a very dead man.

He could see the sun glistening through the clear watery surface the closer he got to it. A big smile spread across the olive skinned merman once he finally surfaced. His head bobbed in and out of water, a loud sigh leaving his lips. He lied on his back, moving his arms occasionally to keep him afloat.

Zayn stayed there, lying on the surface of the water, just enjoying the way the sun's heat felt on his skin, for a while, until he heard something. It was muffled. He got out of his floating position and looked around him until he came face to face with a fishing boat.

"Gotcha."

*******

screams this is the intro / prologue / whatever you want to call it to IMPULSIVE !!

i really hope you guys enjoy this zustin book (it's the first time i've written one), and i'm co-writing with my pal, detroyet.

i love you guys

lamedelaney