Chapter 1

It's was spring, the most revolting time for some. The some consisting of Yokozawa, who had nothing but a distasteful scowl, once he set eyes on his work place building.

"How detestable. All the employees won't be in the right mind set at all this season. More headaches for me," Yokozawa concluded as he forced himself through the sliding doors and into the lobby. The smell of omega was all throughout the first floor to second. Even though this season was for Alphas going into Rut, the omegas tend to get ahead of themselves. Most of our department holds a lot of quite good looking Alphas, and their wasn't a single omega not trying to offer themselves as a partner to them.

It was disgusting to say the least to Yokozawa. The smell was overwhelming and he rather not work with omegas unable to control their hormones.

Nevertheless work was work. He'll just hope it doesn't turn out like last year.

Yokozawa sighed, making way to the elevator and calling it down by pressing the button.

"You think I could snag a chance with Takano?"

"Oh please, if you're lucky."

Yokozawa tensed at the mention of his friends name. He glanced to the left of him to see a female worker, she was conversing with the front desk receptionist. The receptionist lacked the usual omega scent, therefore it was the worker that was the omega.

She wanted to land Takano.

Yokozawa snorted in amusement and went in the elevator once it arrived, now pressing the button to his floor.

If only they knew what Yokozawa knew. Takano had his eyes set on Onodera. They're clearly mates but for whatever reason, it's never been made official. It's not like anyone would care if it happened. Well scratch that, a lot would. Takano was one of those fortunate good looking individuals that had, of course, fans.

Yokozawa was sadly one of them.

He went to university with Takano way back before joining the same company. They were friends for so long and just because Yokozawa was attracted to Takano, didn't mean he'd out right and say it or shove his hormones up his nostrils. Not that he could really create any.

Takano is an Alpha and Yokozawa is a Beta. Not that it couldn't work out, it's just Yokozawa valued their friendship and to confess something as selfish as liking him would not only be awkward, but disrespectful to Takano since Yokozawa was directly told by him about Onodera being his mate.

Yokozawa had no choice but to be happy for his friend.

With a sigh, Yokozawa exited the elevator on his floor and made way to his desk.

"Good morning..."

"Morning," he replied back to Henmi who didn't seem quite enthusiastic as usual this morning. "What's the matter with you?" Yokozawa asked as he set his briefcase down on his desk and got behind, taking his paperwork out.

"Well..." Henmi rubbed the back of his neck nervously and turn towards Yokozawa in his work chair, sporting a rather sour face. "I'm going into my rut tomorrow and I don't have anyone right now to help me."

"Ha, is that all? Just lock yourself up then," Yokozawa scoffed but Henmi simply whined in response. "Come on, you're seriously telling me you're that weak-willed?"

"That's not it!" Henmi sighed and turned back to his work. "You know, once you get use to having someone around during a rut, it's hard doing without them."

"Oh so you recently broke up with your girlfriend," Yokozawa stated more than asked, raising a brow as the other flushed red with a scowl. "I'm telling you this now. You don't need anyone, get locked up. No attachments to a partner will do you justice. Seeing as you're still dealing with whatever heart break."