Cupid's Match Competition

Dedication to @LEPalphreyman

The First Meeting

I was seated in a large room. The couches had gold linings and were a deep red velvet. The walls were black and had pictures of important people I didn't know. All of them had fair hair and blue eyes. They were all beautiful. Godly like.

I sat awkwardly and looked around the room awaiting the arrival of my so called "match". I didn't feel as if I belonged in this expensive room with the expensive people looking down on me from their portraits. I almost got up and left but the sound of the door opening stopped me in my tracks.
My heart began to beat so fast it felt like it would come out of my chest. I didn't look at the person walking towards me but could hear him getting closer and closer.

My match was Cupid.

The Cupid.

How I was matched with a supposedly flying little baby with a golden bow and arrow and a nappy was beyond me. I had a boyfriend. How was I supposed to explain this to him?

"Hey, turns out there this thing called Cupid Match Making Service and it has everyone in the whole worlds details and matches people to their perfect match. I'm Cupid's match. Yes the actual Cupid's match and so yea, how was your day?"

But as I looked up slowly as the person stopped in front of me. I got dizzy.

His jaw was chiseled and could probably cut diamonds. His lips were plump and were a pale pink. His eyes were a piercing blue and were making me have butterflies whenever I looked at them, which was constant and finally his blond hair wasn't gelled back but instead ruffled and left to fall naturally. Naturally was hot.

Damn, baby Cupid grew up well. My ego was too big to show that though.

"Well that's disappointing," Cupid muttered. I immediately snapped out my daze and slowly raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" I asked him giving him a chance to quickly fix what he had just said. He smirked.

"You heard me," I gave him the dirtiest look I could muster.

"Trust me. I'm not too happy about this whole arrangement either. How the hell did I get matched with you? I mean I thought you were supposed to be a blonde haired baby who shot people with arrows." I told him.

"Do I look like a little baby who shoots people with arrows?" He questioned.

No, definitely not.

"This is so bad. I didn't even know any of this existed until today. I didn't know you were actually real. Shit, what about James?" I mutter to myself mostly.

"Who?" He asked.

"My boyfriend," I respond darkly.

"You're cheating on me?!" He asked fake hurt.

"Oh be quiet Cupid, you don't know anything about being in a relationship. I know about you being an undesirable."

He gave me a strange but intense look.
"Teach me then," he challenged.