~ Promises ~

DISCLAIMER: I do not own KHR. KHR belongs to Akira Amano.

There was once a princess with long brown hair and honey brown eyes. She treated every person in the kingdom equally and with kindness regardless of their status. That was why she was loved by all.

There was a knight with jet black hair and curly sideburns. His job was to protect the princess from any harm in the shadow.

They first met each other when both of them are fifteen years old. The princess was kidnapped and the boy who was just a commoner stumbled upon her and rescued her. From then onwards, the boy whose heart has been captivated by the princess vowed to protect her forever. That was the only reason why he trained hard and applied to be a knight. It was all to protect her.

A princess and a knight.

They knew that their relationships are against the rule of the kingdom. Yet, they can't help but to fall in love with each other. The princess was even willing to give up her title just to be with him.

But, war happened. The knight and the rest of the army were sent by the king to defeat the enemies.

That night, just before the knight ready to go to the battlefield, the princess came to see him off.

"Promise me you will come back here safely. Don't leave me alone here", said the princess while holding the knight's hands.

"I promised. Same goes for you too. Promise me to take good care of yourself. There is no doubt that the enemies will send people to attack the castle. Be careful and stay alive."

"Of course I will. You idiot."

Both of them kissed as to seal the promise.

But, fate seems to toy them around. The kingdom won the war but with a big sacrifice. Three quarters of the soldiers were wiped out and the knight died.

The princess' heart broke upon hearing the news. That day, the whole castle was filled with gloomy atmosphere. None of the people in the castle has the mood to celebrate the victory as they heard the crying of their beloved princess.

Despite the pain in her heart that won't heal, the princess decided to continue with her life. She did not want to break the promise after all. This time, you owe me. I'm not going to let you break the promise next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a little boy with gravity defying brown hair running on a dusty road for his life. He was on his way to go back to his village with both his parents in a carriage when they were attacked by a gang of thieves. Both his parents and the coachman died when the gang couldn't find much valuable things to be stolen. Both his parents tried to distract the thieves to stall time for their only son to run away safely.

The little boy ran as fast as he could with tears scrolling down his cheeks. He didn't know what to do. He eventually ran into the forest to hide from the thieves and now he was lost. He wandered around aimlessly till he became too tired and collapsed under a big tree.

There was a hunter with spiky black hair hunting in the forest. The hunter was chasing after a deer when he saw a little boy lying unconsciously on the forest ground. As much as he doesn't like children, he can't leave the child alone in the forest full of unknown creatures. So, he decided to pick up the boy and headed home.

When the seven years old boy woke up in a cottage, he was afraid. He has no idea where he was. He nearly fell out of the bed when he heard someone called him. He turned around to see a tall man leaning on the wall and stares at him.