Cold and dark (is this me?)

Cold so cold. Enough to freeze your very soul your heart and shatter all hope. But even such cold is tiny compared to the silence, in this place not even the leaves not wind make a noise.

Is this the future my fate? to die of a pain I didn't even know existed for a crime I didn't commit? It must be for I cannot feel anything else, or for my good eyes see any other option.

090807060504030201

............. It has been years the cold is part of me the silence infused me the lonely ness is me. But not them, not yet. they came staggering into the woods I had walked and tried cope as I did when arriving. But they will fail that is clear in my desolate dark vision, they will fall..... and I don't feel any liking to that fate.

I have been building confidence to help them for a week, and with 8 of them there they need it. I watch as on of the men attempted to light a fire and slowly walk up till I am looking over his shoulder, no one has noticed me yet. as I stand there I realise after so long of silence I wouldn't be able to speak telepathy will have to do.

'You know your doing it wrong' i say in all of their minds. the man trying to light the fire jumps back swearing "get back yah f*cking beast". roll my eyes thinking 'I am not a beast or monster of any kind I am a mere inhabitant of these woods trying to help you light a fire' "Ah don't care who you are scat yah varmint!" he tells back.

"Forgive my brother he's on edge we haven't been able to light a fire could you help us?" a smaller man says walking up to me. 'yes you light a fire like this' I reply demonstrating before giving the flint and steel to him.

After a few try's he lights a small fire that grows quickly into a reasonable size. I stand for a bit watching the people crowd around the fire to get warm before turning to walk off. I was stopped by a hand, it was the boy I taught to light the fire. "You seem to know a lot about surviving out here and we need help, could you stay perhaps? it would really help" he says I look out to the people near the fire who are looking hopefully back at me.

I give in and with a nod and a 'only for a bit' go sit on a rock near the fire, the boy-no young man sitting next to me and smiling.

As I sit watching the now much more chearfull people around the fire I feel a glow deep, deep down and realise I'm not cold, it is not silent, and I am not as lonely as I had been.

A/N: hey my peeps! not a fanfic this time (how odd). nope a prolog to my new story!!! yay!! hope you like.

Luna