Touch

Black Hat stepped in to the laboratory. It was all but silent inside the room, that except for the soft jazz music that played on the radio and the gentle tinkering noises coming from the doctor as he worked on one of his mechanical inventions.
Black Hat stood in silence, taking in the calm atmosphere and letting the music take away all his thoughts.
It had been a busy day that day. Lots of clients to talk to, each with their own individual needs; both good, bad... and outright frustrating. Black Hat hadn't had a moment of peace throughout the entire day. He was exhausted by it and left with a sense of lingering detachment. He loved his job, of course he did, but some days it left him feeling, empty.
He watched the oblivious Dr Flug work away at the device on his lab counter across the room; bits and pieces of odds and ends spread out in front of him along with various tools and blueprints.
Dr Flug leaned sideways slightly on the stool he was seated on and reached his arm out, he managed to get a hold of a far-off screwdriver using only the tips of his fingers, rolled it towards himself, then once in reach, picked it up properly. Then without a word he continued his work.
Black Hat walked forward quietly until he was directly behind Flug; leaning over above him so he could watch the scientist work.
Dr Flug however finally realized he wasn't alone and gave a startled movement. "S-sir, I didn't see you come in," he muttered anxiously, trying to look up at his boss, but then realizing he was pinned in from behind and couldn't lean fully back.
"Hush," Black Hat said quietly, "keep working. I'm not here."
The doctor shifted uncertain, but obediently looked back to the device he had been tinkering with, though this time, his hands were shaking profusely with nervousness as he set back to work.
Black Hat felt deep frustration that his presence made the scientist nervous; the atmosphere seemed to have lost some of its still charm as the scientist grew clumsy under Black Hat's gaze.
Humans are always so emotional, Black Hat thought to himself, watching one of Flug's tools go tumbling to the ground as the scientist accidentally knocked it off. "S-sorry sir," Flug apologized; he made a move as if he were going to pick up the tool he had dropped, but hesitated, and seemed to change his mind. Returning to his work instead.
Black Hat sighed, resting his chin on top of Dr Flug's head, ignoring the questioning sounds of the scientist below him and closing his eyes a moment. Human... what was it like to be human? So warm, so nervous, so fragile.
Black Hat could hear Dr Flug's now slightly panicked breathing beneath him. It annoyed him, but also made his curious to know what it must be like to feel everything so strongly, to be so hyper-aware of all the things in the world. To know how fleeting life could be.
Black Hat absently wrapped an arm around Flug's shoulder and then pushed his hand down the top of the scientist's shirt. He rested his palm over the top of where Flug's heart was positioned; feeling it beating softly against the palm of his hand with a quick but steady rhythm.
Flug's skin was quite warm; Black Hat could feel how the scientist froze up at his touch, how his heart began to beat that little bit faster, and how the small hairs across his skin stuck up at the coldness of Black Hat's hand.
With his other hand, Black Hat casually pressed it against Flug's throat, eliciting a panicked movement from the scientist who seemed worried that he was about to be choked for doing something wrong. Black Hat instead spread his fingers under Flug's chin and pressed gently but firmly there, feeling the nervous scientist's panicked breathing underneath his fingertips, his nervous swallows, and eventual vibrations as Flug began to protest:
"S-sir, w-what are you doing? I h-have to work and I c-can't if you're um, d-doing that. D-did I do something wrong?"
"Shut up Flug," Black Hat ordered low but with a warning undertone.
If Black Hat were honest, he wasn't entirely sure what he was doing. It wasn't like this meant anything; the doctor was just the first person he came across and well...
He didn't want to think too hard about it.
He could feel Flug's heartbeat racing now, and the deep, forced swallows of Flug's throat as panic began to leave his throat dry from worry.
Irritated, Black Hat opened his eyes and looked down at Flug's hands that were no longer working; they were instead fumbling together anxiously in front of Flug.
Why is he like this? Always so afraid. Like a deer trapped in headlights, so feeble, so small...
Instinctively, Black Hat freed both his hands from their positions so he could grab a hold of Flug's own hands, slowly forcing them apart and then grasping a hold of them, pulling them closer in to Flug's chest for better reach. Flug seemed to want to say something but obediently stayed quiet, which Black Hat was grateful for.
Black Hat now massaged Flug's hands for a while to relax the other, and then began to remove each obstructing rubber glove, first one then the other in slow, thoughtful movements.
Once removed, he then turned Flug's now bare hands upwards and began drawing small, soft circles with the claws on his thumbs for a moment. He took in the way Flug's fingers twitched nervously in response to this, before they finally rested in silent acceptance.
With that done, Black Hat began to caress over every individual line in the scientist's hands, across his palms, over his knuckles, and then up along Flug's pale, slender fingers; taking in the feel of each digit with slow scrutiny. Black Hat took also in the way his dark skin clashed with Flug's whiter skin; he began to spread Flug's fingers out, and then close them together again, before intertwining his clawed fingers together with Flug's human ones.
"P-please s-sir," Dr Flug finally interjected, his voice a bit quieter, "I can't work when you have my hands like this."
Black Hat let out a breath of frustration but relented his hold on Flug's captured hands; pulling back slowly and trailing his clawed fingers gently up Flug's arms and to rest on his shoulders, gripping them slightly.
Black Hat then leaned forward so he was up close to the scientist's ear. He paused before asking in a soft but serious tone, "do you want me to stop?" He noticed Flug glance sideways at him and then away again quickly; with the paper bag that covered Flug's face, Black Hat couldn't easily read what the other's expression was.
Dr Flug wrung his now free hands, keeping them low and close. He then muttered, "Well. N-no, but, I just want to know why?" Black Hat kept his expression blank with no answer, but instead raised one hand under Flug's paper bag to cover the scientist's mouth. He didn't want to answer any of the scientist's questions right now.
With his free hand, Black Hat lowered it so he could push it up and under Dr Flug's shirt, this time trailing his clawed fingers along Flug's stomach.
Dr Flug was shaking slightly, but Black Hat paid no heed to it, instead he pushed his hand up to trail up the man's gangly frame; across his navel, his lower ribs, under his arms, and then down his sides. Taking in each tiny detail of Dr Flug's torso and the movements of Flug's diagram and muscles as they spasmed and contracted under his cool touch.
In the meantime, he also pressed his mouth up against the side of Flug's inner shoulder and towards the side of his neck, taking in the gentle feel that ran across his lips, and the sound of Flug's deep breaths close by.
Black Hat then parted his lips to trail a long, serpent-like tongue over the side of the other's neck, taking in the salty taste of Flug's pale skin. He heard Flug let out a light curse in response, and in irritation, Black Hat adjusted the hand covering the scientists mouth, pushing his fingers inside in hopes it would shut the other up.
Continuing on, Black Hat pressed the hand over Flug's stomach inwardly, pressing Flug's slender body closer to his own, hugging him slightly so he could have better reach to his throat. He then pressed his lips further inward so he could suck on the skin there, grazing his sharpened teeth across the scientist's tender skin before biting gently and slowly; enjoying the way the skin easily pierced and begin to lightly bleed. He could taste the metallic taste of blood, and began to lick over the wound and suck down on it possessively.
Dr Flug's mouth seemed to grow hotter as the scientist's breath got deeper and more ragged, Black Hat could feel trails of saliva dribbling down the fingers he still had inside the scientist's mouth, and every now and then Black Hat could feel Flug's suck and lick his fingers as the scientist tried to keep himself from drooling.
Curious, Black Hat moved the hand he had on Flug's stomach to even lower areas; trailing over Flug's hips while his mouth continued to explore Flug's neck.
Flug's hips were so slender like the rest of him; Black Hat could practically feel the man's hip bones poking out, as he slid his claws across them and along the smooth curves. He was so enraptured by the way Flug's body felt and moved, he didn't realize how close he was getting to dangerous territory.
Black Hat's finger's skimmed over the top edge of Flug's groin, and Black Hat froze in surprise when the scientist suddenly bucked forward with a groan. Black Hat then quickly ceased up in shock; suddenly in realization of the impact his curiosity had led him. He felt a deep horror creep over him as took in the real consequences of the situation.
This wasn't what he wanted.
Black Hat began to withdraw away from Flug, trying desperately not to be too quick about it so as not to give off the wrong impression. He felt a deep knotted tension in his lower stomach, and a sense of unease as he pulled his hands away from Flug and wiped his hands dry against his coat.
"Get back to work," Black Hat said coolly, trying to keep a low, professional tone. But he knew it was too late; he had already gone too far.
Dr Flug didn't move for a moment, but Black Hat could hear his deep, heavy breathing. Black Hat himself made sure that his own breathing was even, not wanting to acknowledge his own physical reactions to all that had passed.
Flug eventually looked up and Black Hat and gave a silent nod in reply to Black Hat's instrustions, his eyes were dazed and looking longingly at Black Hat, but also held a hint of rejection.
Black Hat shot Flug a furious, frustrated glare; and when Flug quickly turned away to forcefully stare at his work, he knew the scientist was already blaming himself.
Black Hat almost wanted to apologize, but he stopped the words from coming out and decided it was better off this way. After all, he was the boss here; he had no time or luxury for these kinds of feelings. He had a job to do, and he couldn't let everyone down over one moment of weakness.
With that Black Hat turned and began to leave. When he reached the door he heard Flug mummer, "sir?" and Black Hat stopped, purposefully not looking back.
"Yes Flug?" Black Hat responded with a flat voice.
However he was met with silence, so deciding had nothing good to say, he proceeded to quietly leave the room.
Humans may be weak, but Black Hat couldn't be.