1. Aleksander

1. Aleksander

        Aleksander tried calming his nerves in the car, on the walk inside, in the principal's office, and on his way to class and this was his last chance.

He stood outside the classroom door knowing that if he didn't walk in then, he never would.

        So with that he knocked on the door and it swung open before he got through his last knock. A girl with fiery red hair and green eyes popped in front of the door and welcomed him into the room warmly. The first thing he noticed was a girl with short platinum blonde hair with her feet propped up on one of the many wooden tables. Then next to her was another girl, her long brown hair pulled down into braids, her dark green eyes scanning over a book quicker than he could comprehend.

    "You gonna tell him to sit down?" A male voice called and it shook Aleksander out of his thoughts before he took a seat in the back of the classroom. He looked around again and realized, there was no teacher in the room yet. He unlooped his bag over his shoulder and fixed his tie.

Their uniforms were nothing more than collared button downs, burgundy ties, and slacks. The alternative would be a burgundy sweater with the school's signature fox embroidered on it.

"Good morning, children. I am Professor Rosalind, and this is your wellness class." A tall woman with dark skin strode in nonchalantly, snapping him out of his thoughts.
    "Now, can someone tell me why we need a wellness class." Professor Rosalind leaned back onto her desk.

"Isn't that what you're here for? To tell us why we're here and how it ties in with our powers." The platinum blonde removed her feet from the table.

     "Well, Ms. Luce, you are correct, but I want to know what you know first." She gestured. The girl stayed quiet after that and the professor picked up and stack of papers. "Aleksander Schott," She called out and he tensed.

Calm down, you're fine.

      Calm down.

"Yes," He cleared his throat and the professor smiled. "Can you please explain to me why we need a wellness class." She repeated and he looked down at the desk. "Our emotions tie in with our powers, if we can stay calm then our powers won't get out of control." He spoke and the professor's smile widened. "Excellent, Mr. Schott."

He let out a small breath and gripped his hands together before the lesson began

            * * *
"Rayna, let's go." The girl with the green eyes spoke with an agitate tone.

"To another boring class, yay!" The other cheered sarcastically. Aleksander gripped the strap on his bag and tried moving around him before he was stopped.
    "Hey, brainiac." The blonde called after him.

Keep walking, dumbass.

"Rayna," The other girl pulled her arm. "Hold on. Hey, Schott?" Rayna only needed a few steps to catch up with him. He swallowed hard and rose an eyebrow. "You're smart, I can sense that about you, so I'm going to offer a proposal." Rayna stopped in front of him. His hands twitched and she noticed immediately. "I want you in my friend group, I won't ask about what's going on and I'll make sure no one else does either." She shrugged and he scrunched his eyebrows together.

    "Why?" He questioned with all the confidence he could muster. Rayna grinned and sighed dramatically.

"I've been told I have a knack for spotting talent." She told him.

Friends, will fuck you over, Alek. There's always someway someone can let you down.

He thought on it for another two seconds before nodding.

    "Alright,"

Rayna nodded in approval before looking at the boy up and down. "What?" He questioned weirdly.

    "I'm debating on whether or not to sling my arm around your shoulders and walk to class." She spoke and he let out a small, absentminded chuckle.

"Let's just go before your friend gets more mad." He gestured. "Good idea," She pursed her lips as he turned to walk in that direction.

"Denise, this is Alek." Rayna rose both her eyebrows.

"Ray, we were both in class with him, I know his name. Hi, I'm Denise." She spoke quickly and Aleksander could barely process what she was saying but she held her hand out for him to shake and he got the message.

    "Nice to meet you."