"hysterical women"

I woke up early that morning to hang out with Adam and two others. All he told me was that we were going rollerblading. That often lead to trouble which is why I think Adam usually decided to bring me.

Jumping out of bed I slipped on a t shirt and jeans with my Hawks hoodie over top. My light purple roller blades were sitting right where I left them the night before. I pulled them off my dresser and tied the laces of both.

When I raced downstairs my teeth were brushed and my hair in a fishtail braid. Adam and the rest would be here in a few minutes so I decided to make myself a piece of toast.

I had just finished putting cinnamon on when I heard the doorbell. Adam was on my porch and McGill and Larson were waiting behind him.

"Hey guys. Where are we going today?" I stepped out and closed the door behind me.

Adam reached around me and snatched my piece of toast from my hand. He took a bite and gave me a toothy grin. "Just roller blading around until we find some action. Good toast by the way. Cinnamon?"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the piece back. "Yes. Now let's go."

I skated past McGill and Larson and they all followed close behind me.

After a few minutes of skating around town I heard McGill shout. "Hey look at this!"

I turned around and met the boys in an alley way. I looked and saw the District 5 boys. They had something in their hands but I couldn't tell what.

Adam, McGill and Larson started to skate around them. I didn't join but took a step closer to see what was going on. I could now see what they were holding. Typical boys.

District 5 glared at us as McGill ripped a magazine from one of their hands. "Hey that's mine!" the one whined and tried to grab it back.

"You wouldn't even know what to do with it wuss breath!"

A small one with black hair leaned over and whispered something in the others ear. He suddenly looked very mad. "No!" Then he lunged at Adam.

I finally decided to step in when the boys pinned the boy against the trash. "Guys come on let's go!"

Two strong arms picked me up from the back and I screamed. Adam, Larson, and McGill immediately turned around and tried to get me down.

"Hey man don't touch her!"

"Put her down you- you scumbag!"

The dude huffed and dropped me in a pile of trash. Adam jumped at him but McGill and Larson held him back. "Come on man just forget it." We all gave District 5 death glares as I brushed myself off and skated away.

"Man I sure do hate those guys!" Larson exclaimed once they were out of earshot. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Just wait till we play them again man. Then we'll pummel 'em real good." McGill had a fiery look in his eyes and smacked his fist against the open palm of his hand.

I just rolled my eyes for what felt like the millionth time today. "It wasn't even one of them who grabbed me. I've never seen that kid before."

Adam looked at me in agreement. "Yeah so why blame 'em?"

McGill's eyes widened. "Are you going soft Banks? He helped them! That means he's one of them!"

"No of course I'm not going soft man. I just- I just don't want Ella to get hurt again if we mess with that kid." He gave me a desperate look.

"Please don't drag me into this guys." I held up my hands and backed up. "You guys can figure this out. I have homework to do." I knew that was a dumb excuse since it was Saturday but used it anyways and took off down the street with all the boys calling after me.

_

Knock knock!

My head shot up from the pillow I was laying on to answer the door. Who could it be at... 6:48? Wow I hadn't slept as long as I assumed.

My peephole revealed non other than Adam Banks. I swung open the door and locked eyes with him.

"Hi Adam. What's up?"

He shuffled his feet. "I uh I just wanted to make sure you weren't mad at me."

My face drooped in disappointment. "This again? Adam I appreciate your concern but I'm not mad. Never was. I just was, well, getting annoyed."

"About what?"

"It's really dumb but I just don't like how much you guys pick on the District 5 team." I cringed a little while saying that because as much as I didn't like seeing them being teased I also don't really like any of them.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that." He scratched the back of his neck and awkwardly paused for a second. "Um so I kind of brought something for you." Adam reached into his coat pocked and pulled out a king size Hershey bar. "My dad told me that when a girl is sad or mad or upset you're supposed to give her chocolate."

I couldn't help but break out into a huge grin. "You are just too cute you know that? Wanna come watch The Outsiders with me?"

He laughed. "Again? We've watched that movie a billion times."

"I can't help it. Ponyboy makes me happy just looking at him."

Adam held his hand to his heart in mock offense. "What about me? Don't I make you happy?"

"Of course you do. Now let's go."

I left him standing in the doorway and took of running into the den. He joined me soon as I was grabbing the vhs.

"So should I be in for another cry fest? You know I don't do good with hysterical women."

I smacked him in the arm and jumped on the couch to start the movie. I looked up from my blanket fort to find that Adam was no longer there.

"Banks?"

"Making popcorn Silverton!"

I smiled and snuggled into the blanket glad I had a best friend like Adam.

_
So sorry this is kind of short but I wrote most of it in the car. Oh and honestly I can't get over how cute Adam and Ella's relationship is. Like can I have a guy friend like that? Anywho I'll try and update by Monday. Peace✌🏻