Why Not?

"I'm taking you to town dear!" the mother said cheerfully to her young daughter of '6'.

The girl jumped up and down at this; "Yay! Mommy's taking me to town!" she exclaimed to her Golden Lab. The dog wagged it's tail vigorously at the girl's happiness.

"Doggy should come with us!" The young girl states to her mom.

"No, sorry honey, I don't think that's a good idea.."

"Why not?" The girl asked in response...

The young girl peered through the glass window of a toy store and spotted a beautiful doll in a white lace dress. Her eyes lit up.

"Mommy, Mommy! Can i get it!" she asked with much excitement.

The mother also peered through the window at the doll and glanced at the price tag. She seached her empty wallet.

"Im sorry honey... Not today..." she said while plastering on a fake smile.

"Why not?"

It was her 8th birthday and the mother couldn't afford a cake...

"Sorry darling, I didn't get a cake.." The mother apologized.

"Why not?" the young girl asked angrily. "You never do anything for me! I hate you mother!" the girl exclaimed as she ran off crying.

The mother didn't scold her.... It was true.... The mother wept quietly in the bathroom for she did not wish to wake her daughter... 'I'm such a failure!' the mother thought to herself.

So the mother saved up all her money... She only paid enough for her daughter to eat... She ate the scrapes from the plate of her daughter and she became very unhealthy and weak.... She didnt care... It was for her daughter...

One day she had saved up enough... She went to the shops and paid for the doll and a slice of red velvet cake... She collapsed on her way to the car and was put in the hospital...

The daughter came to the hospital Via her grandmother who hated the young girl's mother...

The doctor came to her and said; "Your mother wanted you to have these... Im sorry... She's no longer here..."

The doctor handed the young girl the items as a tear rolled down his cheek...

The young girl started crying...

"W-why not..?"

Never take a caring mother for granted.... She would die for you...

❤Dedicated to my very own loving Mother❤