pathetic

*uncapitalised words are intended, since im quite lazy whoops sorry

---
pa·thet·ic \pə-ˈthe-tik\
(adjective)
4 : absurd, laughable
---

thunder echoes around around the room of a certain blonde, music blasting through his headphones and the sound of rain tapping against his window. the homework on his desk was left unanswered. his song was interrupted with a ring, he sneered at his phone and glanced at the name displayed on the screen.

prince charming •̀•́ ...is calling

slightly cringing at the username the other bed-headed male gave himself, kei decided to pick up his call.

"what is it now, prince dumbass?" sarcasm evident in his tone,

"aww, you dont say that to your boyfriend, do you?" the other male said, "im pretty sure you can describe me in better words, sweetheart." he purred through the phone.

"actually yeah, there are a lot, like idiotic, buffoon, dingus, blockhea-"

"alright! alright! i get it, you don't have to mention more. to think that-"

"wow you're actually using your brain." tsukishima cut in.

"okay! shut up and let me finish! anyways, as i was saying, i want you to come over."

eyes widened, the blond male took his phone away from his ear for a moment to make sure that he heard his own boyfriend right, glancing at his screen which clearly said that he was in a call with kuroo. after making sure that he wasn't hallucinating, tsukki immediately replied,

"you're kidding, right?" he questioned,

"no, im not, i really wan- wait no, i need you to come over. please tsukki, i need you here." the desperate tone of his clearly threw the blond off guard, 'the scheming captain, sounding vunerable? wow i must be special.' tsukishima thought,

"why do you want me over at.." he pulled the mobile away from his ear again to check the time, ".. at twelve-thirty in the morning." he murmured. clearly his midnight plans are going to be ruined if he goes over to his house, which is at least two and a half hours away, which he clearly wouldn't unless there was a reasonable explanation.

"just come over tsukki~ i missed yo-" "no, unless you give me a good reason why." the blonde cut him off, but before he could continue, a loud cry of thunder echoed through the call followed by a loud squeal and silent whimpers with the shuffling of blankets from the other side of the call. raising his eyebrow, tsukishima spoke up once more, "are you afraid of thunderstorms?"

"w-what! no im not, who said so" he stuttered out, not willing to admit anything to his younger boyfriend out of embarrasment.

kuroo tetsuro was afraid of thunderstorms ever since he was five, the only person that could calm him down was his mum, and only his mum, not even kenma could calm the bed-haired male down. he doesnt know if kei could calm him down like his mum, but it was better than nothing. no one was at his home right now, and he was in desperate need of comfort. kenma was out of country with his grandparents, (he also called in that he would be gone for the entire week of school) his teammates would never let this down and probably take advantage of the situation. so that was a definite no.

"admit it, or ill have no apparent reason to come over then." testsuro knew that he needed kei over, but he was also too embarrassed admitting to him. "tick tock, kitten, times passing." he could hear the smirk that kei wore now on his face. he could just barely hear his boyfriends snickers. "stop laughing! it isnt funny kei!" he whined burying his face onto the pillows to (trying to) cover his embarrassment. the blond started to laugh, although not too loud to wake up his parents who are pretty light sleepers, trying to muffle his laughs with his fist.

kuroo felt like his face was about to burst from all the embarrassment. he knew that it was bound to turn out like this and yet he took the risk of it. he's pretty sure that tsukki practically fell off the bed laughing since he heard loud movements and a thud followed by an 'ouch' before his laughter continued on the other side of the call. after a while, he finally managed to slightly calm down and gasp out,

"pathetic."

bonus:
...and yes he did go all the way to tokyo to cuddle his boyfriend

HAHHAHA SHIT THIS TOOK ME HALF A YEAR TO FINISH