Tirithiel and Eruanna

“Tirithiel, Lord Mithral is requesting you,” Tiatha, a powerful warrior in my rank of the elven military with lovely dark skin and hair explained to me, her pale eyes gleaming in the sunlight. “Something about new blood.”

“Alright Tiatha, will you take my place on guard while I am gone?” I asked. She nodded and I marched off in the direction of the throne room.

I reached the large wooden doors decorated with carving in memory of Lady Ithilwen, the late queen of Nimduin. I knocked and the doors, and they opened revealing Lord Mithral speaking to girl around my age, with fiery red hair trailing down to mid thigh in loose curls.

Her clothing inquired that she was not from here. Our uniforms we nearly the same in style, a tight but slightly long, three quarter length sleeve shirts with tight fitting pants and flexible shoes. The difference was in the color, the uniform colors here are medium green with gold detailing whereas the one this girl was wearing was a dark scarlet color, with silver detailing. When she heard the door open, she turned my way exposing her face and smiled. She had fair skin, with high cheekbones and deep gray eyes.

“My Lord,” I say gracefully bowing. “You requested my presence?”

“Tirithiel, you are the best warrior in my military. This is Eruanna, the only survivor of the incident at Thoronsiire. We are taking her in and I want you to train her. Do you accept my request?” I knew wasn’t allowed to refuse.

“I accept your offer my Lord, when shall we begin?” I ask politely.

“Tomorrow, I fear the creatures behind the incident at Thoronsiire will be targeting Nimduin next.”

“Yes my lord. Eruanna, will you come with me? You need a new uniform.” She nodded, following me out of the room.

We walked in silence to get her uniform, and then back to my room in the castle. “Since the chambers of our warriors are full and I do not have someone who shares my chamber, you will be staying in here with me.” I stated, showing her around the room. “Do you have any questions for me?”

“Where is your queen? Doesn’t the queen usually rule?” Eruanna asked, a confused look blooming on her face.

“Lady Ithilwen died in the last great battle. She insisted she help fight alongside her warriors, and gave her life to save her kingdom.” I answered, her eyes growing wide with regret.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know,” she explained gloomily.

“No, it’s alright. It’s nothing compared to what you must have been through,” I replied. She looked down at her feet and I realized I shouldn’t have brought it up. The poor girl had just survived the most brutal massacre in our known history, it was bound to be a touchy subject. “I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have said that,” I added.

“No, no, I’m fine. Just give me a moment please,” she said, getting up and fleeing to the connected washroom. I sat down on the edge of the bed and put my head in my hands. I’m awful.

As I waited for her, I couldn’t stop thinking about her beauty. The way her hair fell around her face and the smile she gave me when I walked into the throne room. No, I put these feelings behind me for Faunalyn, so I can do it for Eruanna too.

I heard the bathroom door open, and there was Eruanna, red rimmed eyes and remnants of tear tracks on her cheeks. Saying nothing, I strolled over and pulled her into a hug. I may be a warrior, but I’m not heartless. Shockingly, she hugged me back. After a few minutes, I placed my hands on her shoulders and broke the hug.

“You should get some rest. Tomorrow we begin training, and I won’t go easy,” I say, slightly smirking.

“Alright.” She replied, flashing me that gorgeous smile again.