One

They say to love your family because you may regret not loving them enough one day. I lived by this, but I have to say, when my sister woke me up at 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday, I may not be very content with her.

I was on Spring Break for a week, staying with my mom in Iredale, Virginia. I was in my second year of college, going for my bachelors in business managing. My mom wanted me to work and eventually own a big company that will earn me a good salary, but I had.....other ideas.

I expected my Spring Break to be a good time to catch up on sleep, since staying up until two in the morning studying and working on research papers was the norm back at the university, but no. My sister, Abby, who was sixteen at the time, four years younger than me, was so excited that I was home. The university I attended was in the mountains, nearly a two hour drive from my mom's house, so my sister and I didn't get to see each other a lot. However, we took advantage of today's technology, video chatting and texting almost everyday.

But when she wakes me up very early in the morning so we can go do things together, it's not a happy moment.

I woke up that faithful morning with her shaking me and practically jumping up and down on my stomach, noting that she has gained a few pounds since the year before. I shoved her off and groaned, holding my stomach where she jumped on.

"Get up Taylor! Mom said we can go shopping today!" I groaned again and pulled the covers back over my head. She took them and flung them off the bed. I frowned and silently cried inside. They were so warm.......

So I turned over and put the pillow over my head, refusing to get up.

She continued to shake me. "Mom made us pancakes!" I sat up and looked at her with a smile. Pancakes were my favorite food, not just for breakfast. "With chocolate chips in them?"

Abby nodded, strands of her beautiful blonde hair falling over one eye. "I told mom you needed an extra special breakfast today. You need enough energy to do some extreme mall shopping today." Before I could respond she was skipping happily out of my room. In my opinion, I don't see how anyone could be so happy in the morning.

After a few long moments of debating whether I really wanted to get up, I finally forced myself to get off the bed and dragged myself to the dining table, where the warm smell of pancakes hit me. I inhaled deeply, glad that I got up.

My mom, who had ridiculous looking big pink rollers in her hair and a light blue robe on. She hummed and tapped her foot as she cooked. Mom, such a morning person.

I turned to the tv that was in the living room, it was on the morning news. It was no surprise, my mom always watched the news when she got up and did chores. The news anchor was talking about a murder that happened in a park only several miles from my mom's house. It caught my attention, since things like that didn't really happen around there. It was a young male who was shot randomly when he was walking around the park at night. That had been the third murder that week, which surprised me even more.

"You think that's bad," My mom joined in, "Almost triple that number is the amount of teenage girls that has been kidnapped in the last month." My jaw almost dropped. What was going on? "That's why I'm worried about you going out."

Abby grabbed my hand, making me face her. "But I settled everything out with mom, we can still go to the mall." I nodded. She got up and came back a few seconds later with a glass and a pitcher of orange juice

"Here you go." Abby said, placing a glass of orange juice in front of me. I said thank you and took a sip, the acidity of the juice stinging my throat. I didn't realize my throat was so dry. Abby poured herself a glass and sat beside of me.